Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Fitting mk4 handbrake gaitor+TT gearshift/surround

Hey all,

Has anyone fitted a MK4 Golf handbrake gaitor assembly inc. button (poss. Peter Munns ??) or an Audi TT shifter and shifter-surround (Rossco, Daniel Jolley and a few others ?) to their corrado ? Would it be possible to do a fitting guide as quite fancy doing these mods to finish off my interior.

Many thanks,

BigTartanJudge

The handbrake gaitor won't fit. The handbrake on the MK4/TT is straight, where as (from memory) the Corrado one is bent part way along.

The TT surround can be done, but why not do it properly and fit the whole thing :)

That's funny, this is Peter Munns' corrado interior pictured here and he has fitted a MK4 20VT handbrake handle, gaitor and button to his corrado ??

And when I said TT shifter and surround, I meant fitting the whole thing i.e shifter and surround together....

Maybe I am not remebering right, its been a long time since I had a Corrado handbrake lever. :) I know I had to fit the TT one as the Corrado one was no where near when I fitted the TT centre tunnel. It was off centre too which meant I had to move it across to the left 1" aswell.

The sleeve may fit but I am sure the Corrado handbrake lever is kinked.....

From the pic though it looks like the whole of the handbrake mech / lever has been fitted tho and not just the sleeve as it's straight as you mentioned, would like to ask Peter to shed light but he hasn't been on here since start of December !

Don't want to fit the TT dash at all as I feel it has been overdone now and not a big fan of the retro / gimmicky-styling TBH.

Cheers

...............Don't want to fit the TT dash at all as I feel it has been overdone now and not a big fan of the retro / gimmicky-styling TBH.

Cheers

Any chance of a list of people with a TT dash? :)

I guess he is the only one who can say for sure.

So if you're "not a big fan of the retro / gimmicky-styling TBH" why bother with the gearstick surround which will not go other part of the Corrado interior what so ever??

Jay

...............Don't want to fit the TT dash at all as I feel it has been overdone now and not a big fan of the retro / gimmicky-styling TBH.

Cheers

Any chance of a list of people with a TT dash? :)

Erm Me. :) Thats it in a Corrado that I know of.

I know of 2 MK2's in the UK and 2 MK1's in the UK. Hardly overdone is it.....

Jay

Nope they are my first set of converted Porker seats which I sold a couple of years back complete with rear seat trimmed in porsche logo cloth to match. They were from a Porsche 944 S4. Its not actually leather its "leatherette" vinyl to you and me. Comfy seats though. :)

Jay

The interior in peter's car is James old one which I owned for a while last year when it came in my new G60 until I sold it to Peter on the forum.

Simple, I like the gearshift surround and shifter but I don't like the dash. If I wanted it in my rado I would do it or have it done, but I prefer the one in the rado TBH.

And I wasn't only talking about cars that have it fully installed and working a this time, there are quite a few project cars that are getting the TT dash installed and also there are numerous cars in Holland, Germany and Belgium etc. that have them installed in MK1 / Mk2 / Mk3 and Corrado's.

Hence the original comment above.

Cheers

Nope they are my first set of converted Porker seats which I sold a couple of years back complete with rear seat trimmed in porsche logo cloth to match. They were from a Porsche 944 S4. Its not actually leather its "leatherette" vinyl to you and me. Comfy seats though. :)

Jay

*cough* 944 S2 *cough* but full marks for the rest of the info :D

The sleeve may fit but I am sure the Corrado handbrake lever is kinked.....

You're right, I was examining it only yesterday. :)

hehe.

BigTartanJudge, I agree with you on the TT dash. Although it is a nice mod when done right, I think the original corrado dash is the skeet, and looks really great. TT is TT, Corrado is Corrado. :)