Sign in to follow this  
gradeAfailure

10K Boost + VR6

So, got myself a can of 10K Boost today to run it through the engine (have always run a can of it through every car I've owned and they always rev freer and idle smoother afterwards) - except that due to the MAF and various sensors before the TB, as soon as you pop the inlet hose to the TB off to spray the 10K in, the engine splutters and stalls.

Anyone know a way round this?

could try a few things,

1. take the air filter out and spray into air box with some revs,

2. trap the straw under the rubber boot that attaches to the TB and run with a few revs (not high mind you) and that should work a treat, used to do this on my old k jet cars as they stall when boot off air box...

Dave, Gareth had the head done last year, there's really no need to be squirting that harsh stuff in your engine mate....... certainly not yet anyway :-)

If you wanna do it though, I'd go with Step 2 above......or maybe into the breather hose (after the disc filter)?

I've found the only thing that makes a VR run better is a long hard drive and regular use of croptoptimax....

Tis ok, decided I do just need to take the car on a damn good thrap with some decent juice... :) Kev, yeah, I keep forgetting how recently that was done - it's been a looooong week and my brain hurts... :lol:

But cheers for the advice anyways y'all!

Yeah, on the whole good engines don't really need 'chemical' treatments.... just regular servicing and some long drives every now and then.

Double 6s, 10K boost is a can of stuff you spray into the intake and it's supposed to decarbonise the piston crowns and valves..... not sure if it works or not tho.

yeah i think i've heard of it.

i prefer a large can of whooparse delivered via the accelerator pedal, with sustained high-rev action across my favourite local 'special stage' - seems to do wonders for the running of the engine imo :)