Sign in to follow this  
saysomestuff

FSI vs G60

I wonder if it is the same block etc. as the TFSI or the twin charged FSI - sounds like a plan. Get n/a now then add the chargers once the finances allow. Anyone on here know much about them?

what mods affect torque most?

Speeding up gas flow, so narrower intake bores and exhaust (if staying N/A) or Forced induction ;-) Same still applies with FI off boost, but on boost intake restrictions kill your top end..... it's a VERY fine fart getting an engine to have tonnes of bottom end and mega top end in one great big flat torque curve......but VW have done precisely that with the MK5 GTI.....and speaking of which.....that weight figure you quoted seems a little high for the MK5.

Evo tested the MK5 GTI against the Focus RS this month (and it beat it and remains Evo's favourite hatch - 5 out 5, well done VW!) and 'as tested' their car weighed 1335Kg....or 343kg lighter than my car, LOL! Car mags have to use weigh bridges, laser telemetary and dynos to gather their figures with, so we know them to be right.

But on topic, the 2.0 FSI can pull 8.9 to 60 because it has good bottom end torque and a tall 2nd. The G60 could do it faster, but not massively so as they have bugger torque all below 3500rpm in standard form.

i see, so the FSI torque comes in lower than the G60, that makes for a nice lazy drive. I might have a search around for whether the TFSI stuff'll go on.

Congrats on the PVW mention BTW Kev best of the day ;)

Yeah, VW are strictly 'bottom end' these days :-)

When was the last VW 16V engine you saw that had power and torque the same figure? ;-)

The last couple of G60s I drove didn't do much below 3500, which coupled with the silly short 2nd won't help! I've driven a 2.0 G60 (stealth conversion) and that was an entirely different beast! MK5 would stand a chance :-)

Cheers on the PVW mate..... my paint colour looks completely wrong in that shot tho :-)

TBH I'm quite tempted, I'd like to see what a remap'll do to it, have just fired an email off to custom codes, I'll see what they ocme back with.

Will have a look on vortex to see if anyone's done anything charger-wise.

I'm not having a go mate, I've been in a G60, I know how good they are

8) ....perhaps I should have put my foot down a tad more around those roundabouts then dude!

The last couple of G60s I drove didn't do much below 3500, which coupled with the silly short 2nd won't help!

Yeah, it's suprising , I expected alot more from the g60 under 3k revs when I first drove one. The 2.0 8v Raddo isn't much different in 1st and 2nd gears, it's only in 3rd 4th and 5th that you really..really notice the difference.

yeah, there's no denying G60s are quick motors. I was just surprised how close the figures were. How's your hunt going anyway?

Also,

Has anyone on here got a new versio of ETKA that would show whether the 2.0 FSI is the same base engine as the T-FSI? I think that would be a tidy upgrade, someones bound to wrap one round a tree.