Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

Auto Electrician required ECU harness- UPDATE what a joke!

Hi Folks

Can any one recommend a good auto electrician in the South (bournemouth/Southampton), either visiting or fixed?

The main connector to my ECU is corroded and causing problems. VAG have 'refused' to do the job - honestly informing me that 3 hours labour would be ripping me off (they DO have a conscience after all)

Anyone had this problem?

ive got a ecu connector off a storm if you want it,i could cut it off with a good lengh of wires and you can get someone to graft it back on

If all else fails try Richard trading as Auto Electrick, he is now mobile in a van-i know he lives in Alton, Hampshire but has a boat on the South coast somewhere, maybe Southampton - 07841 163760

if you can get the loom connector or even some of a old loom attached to it then ill come over and take a look for you mate ive been in the trade around 20 years now , and i have a large selection of hammers !!!! only joking mate but im more than happy to take a look for you . :onfire:

if you can get the loom connector or even some of a old loom attached to it then ill come over and take a look for you mate ive been in the trade around 20 years now , and i have a large selection of hammers !!!! only joking mate but im more than happy to take a look for you . :onfire:

have someone coming round tomorrow but obviously would prefer a forum member to trust the car to! I'll see what he makes of it tomorrow and if he can't sort it I will get back in touch with you pronto....cheers for the help

Ok had a guy turn up today ---

1. couldnt get the ecu connector off

2. couldnt get it back on

3. didnt know where the coolant sensor was

4. connected up his "Bosch Diagnostics" - didint have OBD II cos 'it costs money mate'

5.used a spaghetti connection to plug his OBDI into my OBDII connector

6. didnt know how to operate the software properly - spent 1hr plus and came up with:

40 DDS short to earth

80 DDS short to B+

04 replace DDS

?????????????

He gave up and said he was going to ring Bosch tomorrow!!!!

WTF do I do now???

Please Help

WTF do I do now???

Find someone that knows their arse from theier elbow for a start!

I don't know about you lot, but I wouldn't dare touch something as sacred as someone's car unless I knew exactly what I was doing. It's frightening that these people are in 'business'.

well i havent got a diagnostics reader personaly so i carnt do much there at the mo but i do know a nice snap on dealer who might be able to help out , will be seeing him tomorrow , if you want me to pop over some time to take a look im more than happy to , i mean cars are only nuts and bolts and electirics will only make you jump once , i know this from past experience !!!!

i live not far from bournmouth so if i can help please ask mate . also the bonus is i know were my arse is and my elbow , well thats another story :splat:

well i havent got a diagnostics reader personaly so i carnt do much there at the mo but i do know a nice snap on dealer who might be able to help out , will be seeing him tomorrow , if you want me to pop over some time to take a look im more than happy to , i mean cars are only nuts and bolts and electirics will only make you jump once , i know this from past experience !!!!

i live not far from bournmouth so if i can help please ask mate . also the bonus is i know were my arse is and my elbow , well thats another story :splat:

Thanks mate - I'm in the process of getting VAG-COM myself ...As soon as I have it I'll get in touch....two cnut heads will definately be better than one!!

Start another post asking if someone in your area has Vag-com mate, they may be able to get it plugged in and have a looksie for you.

:offtopic1: hello again saw my frendly snap on dealer today and nearly passed out a 2nd hand scan tool will only cost me £1000 plus vat and he coudnt even tell me if it would work on VW but best of all a new one will and he only wanted £1700 plus vat for it what a bargin eh chaps , so as you proberly guessed i told him were he cold put his scan tool !!! , never mind im still looking ,e bay may be an option , let us know if any one has one locally , i think snap on are the best tools about and no doubt theres not a lot you couldnt fix with it but it still wont fix my bank balance if i buy one and i might end up with a divorce " there is a reason for buying one " cheers chaps :iamwithstupid: