Sign in to follow this  
Dutch24V

20vt

A friend who's fitted his C with the above was saying he felt it was down on power and may need some attention. He's just had it dynoed and it's producing a very healthy 305bhp and 435Nm(@3200rpm) torque :shock:

435Nm is ALOT isn't it, especially at that rpm? How much are other 20vt's C's producing out of interest?? The 24v lump *only* produces 265Nm@3200 :(

I've driven this car and it is an absolute beast though. Very hard to keep in a straight line on full throttle, but huge fun all the same. He was shocked as he really thought it was down on power, but guess you get used to anything after a while!

Dutch

I've been in John at Stealth's 20VT corrado, which sports 350hp and 360lb/ft and it's immense. He's also got a Porsche GT2 wastegate on it, makes a lovely wha-wha-wha-wha noise instead of the dated psshhhhht DV noise :-)

The 1.8T tuned to that level is seriously next level stuff....and he's currently doing a stripped out and lightened rado, which is going to be receiving a 450-500hp 1.8T engine !

I reckon the accelerative Gs would make you physically sick if used as a daily driver..... I know my ride in a 911 GT2 (996) a few years ago left a lasting impression on my bowels. It's intense...all the fluids in your body and your brain are shoved back with such violence (makes 450lb/ft at 2000rpm!) that it really does make you nauseous.

The fastest bike I've ridden was a CBR 600 and I didn't experience the same feelings..... it was darn quick tho, for me at least. The thing with the 911 is he was crusing in 2nd slowly and just buried the pedal when I wasn't prepared for it and was thrown back in the seat and couldn't move forward until he changed to 3rd and then same all over again. I think it's that that gets you :-) There's something about 911 turbos....they're just frantically fast, faster than the figures suggest.

Sell a few limbs and buy one :-) It's all the car you could ever want. Forgot to add that grip, handling, refinement and ride quality are all superb too.

bike are different because of the position you sit in i suppose? and beacause your already 'hanging on' rather than 'sitting in'

on a bike you subconsciously prepare for it as you are driving.

If you are a passenger then you don't have a clue when the driver presses the loud pedal!

as my girlfriend keeps telling me off for doing!