Sign in to follow this  
VWci

Is PG block the strongest block that vw has ever made ?

My friend said that pg block was the strongest block vw had ever made and it had different material from others ; 9a,kr,abf etc..

have you ever heard that before ?

I have heard that the PG block is pretty damn good!!!!

Along with alot of parts that go on the G60 - The rods are pretty much indestructatble, as are the drive shafts etc etc etc

I suspect the blocks for the big diesels are stronger than the PG block. And what about the phaeton block(s)?

I suspect your friend believes everything their friends tell them .. ;)

the 1h(rallye) Block is supposed to be the stongest, all that period vw engines had a forged crank and the g60 rods are supposed to be factory shot peened.

the 1h uses a bigger head stud too, the same as the tdi engines

it is essentially the same as the pg but ti has the larger head studs, lots of big power motors are based on these engines but from what i can see there is not a huge advantage to any block over another, once the internals are done right

Trivia of the day is that the 16v crank and G60 are the same component for those who didn't know.

Gotta agree with rmn, as long as you get everything checked over and balanced etc then the 4 cylinder blocks are all very similiar.

Wasn't the 16V block used in F3 or F3000?

I know the astra 16v blocks have been used heavily here, prob because they were easy to come by, easy to tune and cheap to replace when they blow up (not so much now as most have blown up :lol: )