Sign in to follow this  
tarche2

Suspension Preferences and reccomendations!

I have coilies at the front - Konigsports I believe - and koni springs and shocks at the back with eibach anti roll bars all round and its the dugs nuts, so to speak...! its 60mm at the front, 50mm at the back and holds the road round corners like a limpet. the ride quality was fantastic on the standard 15" Estorils and although it is harsher with the 16x9's on her, its not harsh enough to make me change, especially when it drives like it does...

spoke to the Phirm bout doing my arches and dropping the back slightly to even it up and they said i would have to change the set up to have the same all round... no chance!! am to pleased with it....!! :)

Dave - Me and Ben had a ride in Asims car when it had RS's and the H&R coilovers on (I think the comfort ones?) and the car handled amazingly over the country roads around Henley and on the motorway. I think he also had the rollbars/strutbraces etc on. My old one with RS's and Konigsports was quite comfortable over normal roads but really quite scary going around corners on country roads - Me and Hugo nearly ended up in a fence going 40 mph round a corner in Hazlemere.... After putting back on the speedlines the handling was amazing but you need the RS's sooooo get the H&R's!!!!

Yep, and I've got Asim's old coilovers on mine :-)

Dave, the lower you go with the H&R coils, the better they get mate. Get your wallet out!

My ride is cool with a moderate drop, but Vince's mechanic's green Rado is utterly slammed on H&Rs and his ride is even better than mine! H&Rs love low....:-)

Yep, and I've got Asim's old coilovers on mine

Dave, the lower you go with the H&R coils, the better they get mate. Get your wallet out!

My ride is cool with a moderate drop, but Vince's mechanic's green Rado is utterly slammed on H&Rs and his ride is even better than mine! H&Rs love low....

Damnit! Ah well, beans on toast again then...

one of the reasons for buying your VR was it didnt need anything done to it :roll:

i'll have some cheese grated over my beans, thanks..... :)

one of the reasons for buying your VR was it didnt need anything done to it :roll:

I was thinking that aswell as Gareth wasn't shy in spending the cash to get things done.

Still, it's all about balancing wants and needs..... H&Rs defo a 'want' :-)

Oh yeah, it definitely doesn't need anything done to the suspension, bar renewing the bushes... but I do want it lower...!

For anyone thinking of getting the KoniTA/H&R combo on their VR and is happy with a 35mm drop, do it - you will be amazed at the handling and ride quality... :)

yeah, the problem is I'll want them too if they are that good.....!!!

double the corrados = double the expense.... lol!!! :)

How does everyone rate the H&R Cup Kit (which is the H&R springs and dampers)... priced at £340 from Darren at G-Werkes I think it's a bargain and all I can afford as I'm buying a house this summer.

What's this kit like (road handling and going round tight corners etc... I use my car everyday) and how long is it likely to last (in years roughly)?

It apparently lowers a mark3 golf vr6 60mm at the front and 40mm at the back which suits me fine and should make it look noticably lower :) The golf vr6 tends to sit higher at the front than at the back for some reason... hence the lower drop on the front I suppose.

gradeAfailure, have you seen pictures of NickVR6's now he's put the spring caps on and dropped the koni's a notch at the back? Looks visibly lower IMO yet not so low he can't go anywhere!

I'm thinking of doing the same to mine, cos it is just a tad to high.. and I deffo can't be buying coilovers at the moment!