Sign in to follow this  
kebabman

Golf R36 on the horizon

Was browsing the wikpedia pages on the VR6 and noticed at the bottom they mention that the R36 is in the pipeline, a quick google confirmed it with the 3.6L engine from the Yank Passat VR6 being the power source, hence the name change. 280bhp in Passat guise....rumoured to be 300bhp by the time it lands in the Golf. Should be a bit of a beast! 8)

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows ... _golf_r32/

Think the 3.6 would go in a Rado? :twisted:

I reckon it would yeah! :-)

VW are still way off the mark power wise though.... nearly all of it's competitors are around the (normally aspirated) 100bhp/litre mark now but VW don't seem interested in making a high revving M5/RS4-esque beast.

Come on Dub ya, lets have 360hp from the 3.6 please.....

....and what wrong with your 300bhp? 2.9 - thats about right, isn't it? ;) (after a few minor mods, that is :roll: )

Yeh I edited it. :)

Quoted from t'other thread..

They assured us that all the pictures that have been published so far by all the German "Springer Verlag" magazines (AutoExpress in the UK, AutoBild in Germany) are fakes, and the final product will not look like these fakes.

i hate to say it, but i don't really like the LOOK of many modern cars at all. even the goluf gti looks like an mpv child-carrier now :(