Sign in to follow this  
blue95

FK Lowering Cup Kit

Just seen the following FK kit on ebay:(£150 inc P&P, is that the right price?)

FK Lowering Cup Kit 60 / 40 Shock Absorber & Suspension System

VW Golf / Jetta / Vento / Corrado MK 3

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FK-Suspension-Kit ... dZViewItem

Thought it was very cheap, even for a budget kit. Just wondered if anyone had tried this out and if it was any good?

From what I've heard everyone highly rates FK. I have to say I didn't know they did anything other than their coilover kits though. Can't be bad though if it's FK.

The ad sounds a little dodgy as the kit apparently fits mk3 golf and corrado, but doesn't state which models/years. Suspension kits should be tuned for a one particular car/model.

Just the fact that the two cars weight and perform differently should be enough to make you think twice.... Better off spending more and getting something that's good. I tried the shortcut method myself and regretted it...

Isn't there still a GB going for FK coilies? The highsports were very cheap and they have had some good reviews from CF members.

Blue95, I'm interested in H&R cup kits which are supposed to be quality. For around £340 they are very good value and lower the car around 60mm at the front and 40mm at the back (far more than any other spring/shock kits and being H&R should definitely last). I'm going to get one of these kits in April or May. Seem very worth saving up for. As said above... will be far better than something that clearly doesn't seem to be geared specifically for your car. G Werkes seem to be doing a very good deal on these H&R Cup Kits.

blue95, I have that kit on my Corrado, they do different ones dipending on your car, so make sure you get the correct kit if you go for it.

I'm happy with my FK suspension which has been on the car for 3 1/2 years. By the way when I bought mine they were £250 per kit.

Phil

Thanks for your reply!

The price seems to good to be true. All I want is to replace the standard shcks and lower the car. The car will probably be driven 16miles a day 'sensibly' on good roads.

So no to concerned if it top adjustable or not. This seems like a good name kit to go for as well.

I would certainly change the front top strut mounts while it is apart.

If you can stretch to it I'd go for new poly bushes for the front suspension and oem rear beam bushes. Get it all fitted set the ride height (FKs are adjustable on the rear) then get it all correctly aligned. As mentioned before make sure you get the correct kit for your car. I'd find out the correct part number from the manufacturer and order it quoteing that number.

Thanks for your advice mate.

I am planning to do the work myself...due to limited funds!

Think for the time being I am only going to change the top mounts, is it worth doing the bearings aswell?

I am also planning to do diy the engine mounts.

Am I better off getting the top mounts and engine mounts from VAG or GSF?

Thanks