Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Good old McGard

Got a nice twang from one of my locking wheel bolts the other day.....good old McGard, LOL!

Dsc00871.jpg

Even in that state I somehow managed to get it out, phew, but in the process the key itself went twang and the insert snapped in half. That'll be one set of screwed bolts then :roll:

Luckily I'd got the other 3 out first before the final twangage ocurred as I'd noticed the key insert was starting to crack from the previous use.

I think I'll be investigating an alternative, especially as me and a mate both bought our sets from the same store, and they were identical! Pants.

They were only done up to about 60lbs, so I didn't exactly lean on them.

Hmmm, looks like what I have on the RS's at the mo...

Used the splined BMW locking bolts on the rat as the Borbets use straight taper bolts, and they've been fine...

Kev. Call up Mcguard on 0808 156 3675 and send them off to germany. Excelent service, My replacement key came back in 5 days. gratis.

just take them back to halfords, i did that with my old set of mcgard nuts, i had them for about 10 months and the same happened, if you want the plastic box?? that they come in. i have kept mine from my new set..

Hmmm, looks like what I have on the RS's at the mo...

Used the splined BMW locking bolts on the rat as the Borbets use straight taper bolts, and they've been fine...

Off Topic!: Will i need to get those for my A's dave?

Too late now, I binned them, LOL!

I put the second set of McGards I had kicking around in. I must be a glutten for punishment!

I bought 2 sets because some kiddies around here were taking 4 bolts out and levering the wheel back and forth until the locking bolt sheared, the bar stewards, but I never used the second set in the end....just aswell really!.

lol - my neighbour swears by them but I think I might steer clear of them after seeing that!

i`ve stripped the inner from the key on a set before, had the get it welded onto an old wheel bolt to get them off

Damnit - I was just going to say that the locking key probably suffered more abuse in the hand of Haywire than it ever did when they were actually testing the product!!

Never seen a man take so many wheels off!

Got a nice twang........

Luckily I'd got the other 3 out first before the final twangage .......

Bit of a twanger, then..........reminded me of this - Rainbow, Finbar Sanders'esque!!! - one of the funniest things ever for those tha haven't seen it :)

Kev- Mcgard have got a great customer service dept- if you email them (mailto:[email protected]) and tell them your problem I am sure they will sort you a new set out.

I emailed about the best way to pay for a new key which I knackered- and it was them who told me to send the old one in and they would replace 8)

Cheers

Got a nice twang........

Luckily I'd got the other 3 out first before the final twangage .......

Bit of a twanger, then..........reminded me of this - Rainbow, Finbar Sanders'esque!!! - one of the funniest things ever for those tha haven't seen it :)

Ive just seen the clip-unbelievable - couldn't figure out if it was genuine!!

Think it was a christmas party joke for the cast and not for broadcast, Isnt the internet a wonderful place.

Now remember, dont forget to pluck your twangers and play with your balls.