Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

G60 tuning what would you all do?

Hi all my car is down at darrens(g-werks) for an intermediate service & health check on the 4th of march! all good!

first one with the Rado but was serviced at jabba in october last year not by me though just before i brought so should be ok!

right while im down there i was thinking of engine mods that i havent got yet and will have a bit of spare cash so what does everyone reckon i should get from this list is: unfortunately cant have them all! only one!

RSR Outlet

Oil catch Tank

Red top injectors

OIl cooler

or S.N.S 5.5 chip but not sure how easy this is to do in a matter of hours?

also can someone tell me what a charger blanking plate does?

So what would you guys choose from the above list thanks Andy

if you go for the red tops you will need the sns chip aswell. if you can get both done then go for that. otherwise just get the sns chip as it is far superior to the jabbacrap you have on there at the moment, lots of people will agree with me on that!

SNS chip, I had a Jabba chip before and I've found the SNS to be better. SNS is a bit smoother and I got 216bhp RR figure with the SNS. I think they've improved the SNS since I got mine too. Must be even beter now.

Then you should think about geting a front mount intercooler.

If your going to the trouble of Red Tops and an SNS Chip - Put a smaller pulley on the car - 68mm would be about best for an everyday car!

Don't know if it'll be of any help mate but you could have a read through the G60 Tuning Guide in the Wiki. It is designed for the newer more standard G60 owner but it may be of some use!

Chip and sns chip takes darren no time at all, very reasonable mod and effective. Just makes the charger work a bit harder and earlier so you dont have to rev the nuts out of it. You wont need an oil cooler unless your oil temp is running high. But, I would wait and see what darren says first, theres no point in modding if there is basic stuff that needs to be done first.

forget what i said, just read your avatar, this is a modded car anyway and above my short knowledge base :oops:

car is going to the right place though, how far are you travelling to go to darren's. wonder what the greatest distance travelled is to get to see the g man?

I'd go to the g-man no matter how far... just had a set of FK Highsports off him and I live in Germany now :lol:

The harder you make the engine work (ie. red tops, new pulley, etc..) the higher Oil temps you'll get. For the cost of an oil cooler I think it's worth it. Although don't ask Darren to fit it, he'll just swear and say he hates to fit them ;)

Abouth the RSR outlet.... it's an easy thing to fit as well. I had a chip/pulley, RSR outlet and fuel lines changed in half a day. That was with a winter health check as well.

with the mods you already have i would probably go for the reds and an sns chip or even a custom map?? this would make the most of your mods, if your not really bothered about more performance go for the oil cooler very worth while, but like a few others have said can be a pain to fit!

The blanking plate stops warm air going back into the charger therefore you only get cold air coming through from the airbox, there is also a filter that goes onto the isv etc etc , you will also have the whoosh sound every time you let of the throttle... 8)

I'd go for an oil cooler for sure.

Have you spoken to Darren to see what he recomends you should go for?

pkripper,

wonder what the greatest distance travelled is to get to see the g man?

i know cai travelled from huddersfeild to Darren, had the work done and then went home in the same day :lol:

agree with Neil G60, oil cooler will give good peace of mind, should`ve come from factory with one instead of the rubbish little oil/water heat exchanger

i'm coming to see darren from dundee - but staying in brighton for a day or two, then seeing a friend in cardiff, then another in birmingham ;)

1) oil cooler

2) rsr outlet (reduced chance of boost leaks)

3) what exhaust are you using?

dont forget everything else on the car needs as much attention as the engine etc!