Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

F*CKIN TAXI DRIVERS!!!

Anyone know how repairable a badly dented, ripped and scraped rear wheel arch is?

Some dumb ass taxi driver has just hit my C and it looks minor but serious if you know what i mean.

Nasty gouges to the arch, back bumper off its mounting and damaged, and one mint speedline fekked :(

It's the arch that worries me......

(pics in morning)

edit: sh*t pics but as you can see its right across the crease of the wheel arch. anyone know if that can be repaired or is it a cut out job???

i was driving with my two young kids in the car mate. he pulled straight out in front of me when i was doing 40 so i had to try to go round him, but he went into my back rear. i was not even vaguely impressed as the kids were in there. i let him know ;)

insurance will undoubtedly be 50/50 payout so there goes my no-claims. :(

insurance will undoubtedly be 50/50 payout so there goes my no-claims.

cant see that being the case if you had right of way and he pulled into your path and caused you to swerve, did he hit you from the left or the right ? are there any cctv cameras about ?

its always a case of having to prove it though mate. and i can't.

i swerved round him and oulled back in to avoid an on-coming car (!) so my left rear caught his front right.

so my left rear caught his front right.

it`s a bit of a fecker that, you dont want to set me off about taxi drivers mate, i fecking hate them.....i can feel a soapbox moment coming on...must resist....must resist :D

I can't see that going 50/50 as the damage to your car is in the side. If it was front damage it'd be different but he can hardly say you drove into him sideways!

the thing that worries me is that i decided to try and swerve round him rather than slam the anchors on - because of the kids.

might be hard to explain?

He put you in a dangerous situation where you had to act quickly. You must have been too close to brake safely or that would likely have been the choice you made. If you'd have hit the brakes and still crashed into his back end you'd have had a hard time proving even 50/50 I think. It sounds to me like you made the right choice.

He put you in a dangerous situation where you had to act quickly. You must have been too close to brake safely or that would likely have been the choice you made. If you'd have hit the brakes and still crashed into his back end you'd have had a hard time proving even 50/50 I think. It sounds to me like you made the right choice.

Exactly, most claims adjudicators have agreed on a system of allocating liablility based on the site of damage to the vehicle...if you had front end damage the claim would likely be settled by your insurers even if it wasn't your fault (eg if someone had reversed into you). This (crude) system prevents the insurance companies taking each other to court everytime there's a shunt which is expensive and pointless since most policies are underwritten by a select few main insurers. The point of getting the facts from the scene are to establish which driver will be penalised by way of increased premiums / loss of NCB / excess etc. In your case it looks like the other party will be liable.

Good Luck anyway, and when you get too frustrated, try and remember that your kids are OK - and that is the important thing.

Absolutely STORM2 - the girls are ok and that's the bottom line.

Fair play to the coppers that turned up - they made sure the kids were ok and stuff.

The damage doesn't look as bad as I thought today, but i still reckon they'll have to cut out and stick in a new quarter panel :(

just gonna go and get a pic

nah, they'll be able to get that out....

as Dave said, Randal had a bad dent in his and they got it out!!! :)

she'll be fine...!

most probably fill it aswell. mine got pushed in thanks to a low wall.

mate sorted it for me, fecking brilliant job he did, couldnt tell at all.

said it was tricky though because of the arch having a blended lip into the rear quarter

excellent. you've both made my day :) :) :)

PS. you should have seen his VECTRA!! lol

i did laugh out loud and say to him, in front of the copper, 'you might want to secure that bumper mate', as it was completely off and lying on the road ;)