Sign in to follow this  
G60SC_Stoney

uprated loom knackered

about a week agao my uprated loom (which i got from this forum) stopped working. well didnt stop working it malfuctioned ! i was diving along and go to switch from dipped to full beam and there was nothing, complete darkness- not good at 60mph so switched back to dipped beam, which still worked.

ive had a fiddle with it today, by taking the loom off and putting it back to standard vw- all works fine.

put the uprated loom back on with new relays, fuses etc and i only have FULL BEAM even when i flick the stalk between full and dipped beam, there is no difference it just stays on full beam.

now question is, could a possibility be that if the battery was losing its charge (as it did- 40 minutes of fiddling with the lights and the battery was flat) mean that there isnt enough guts for the battery to switch the relay ? or could there be another reason ? all relays are brand new

HELP ME PLEASE, I NEED LIGHT !

Your battery would have to be absolutely and completely flat to be unable to operate a relay that small. I highly doubt that's your problem.

Given the story above I suspect that

- initially you had a blown high beam fuse on the loom

- you then ripped it all out and correctly refitted the VW loom

- then you replaced the "faulty" high beam fuse and refitted the after-market loom ... but ...

- you may not have refitted it correctly, or it is *possible* that the high beam relay is stuck on.

fuse's are all intact, on the loom and in the fusebox, true i may not have refitted the loom correctly, anyone have instructions or tell me how to fit it just to make sure, checked the uprated loom thread on the forum but still a bit confused. instructions please ?