Sign in to follow this  
Lippy

Renault Alpine

Hi

Just been browsing the t'internet, came across an ad for a Renault Alpine V6 Turbo.

Wondering if anyone has owned before a Rado, and how they compare.

I can't decide if they look a bit old skool or too cool for skool!

B10GTA%20Front%203q%20sf.jpg

B10GTA%20Side%20RH%20sf.jpg

They are in my Supercars from Around the world Book. Apparently very quick, nice cars but haven't seen one on the road before let alone driven one.

i reckon a set of BBS would go down a treat.

They even do a bright yellow one....!

Don't what it is with me and rare cars,

They even do a bright yellow one....!

as seen in dodgy BBC soap 'eldorado' :lol:

I was thinking a nice set of bbs on it, rs301's probably would work well.

as seen in dodgy BBC soap 'eldorado' :lol:

bloody hell!

at least a rado was in Ronin!

Also seen in the BBC soap about the boat builders yard ... "Howards Way", which also featured a Scirocco too :)

Personally, I love 'em - was looking at a Mk1 version (less body kit) about 18 months ago, but the guy wanted too much money.

Cracking car, Never driven one but sure like the luck-o-that.

If you like old skool, then the A610 is the way to go.

Was half temped some years back but heard they were a horriable drive, R21 platform I understand but stonking in a straight line

Smooking! :D

when i was driving through france a few years back i drove past a place with like 15 or 20 of them there, i had to turn back and have a look, they are nice looking cars.

Very nice in the flesh, but parts for these are extortionate and almost non existant!

I used to work at a Renault dealer and we had an Alpine owner coming in every now and then enquiring about things for it. He came to me and 2 tailgate struts at £75 each and the last 2 genuine outer headlamp glasses in the world for £180 each! I told him the prices and he went "yeah why not, order them in...so long as the missus don't find out!" For that I had to give him discount! :D

"yeah why not, order them in...so long as the missus don't find out!" For that I had to give him discount!

"yeah why not, order them in...so long as the missus don't find out!" For that I had to give him discount!

a phrase all to familiar to most corrado owners!

They were only badged Renaults in the UK, Alpine couldn't be used because Peugeot own the name. Bespoke platform and used the Douvrin V6 in either naturally aspirated or turbocharged form. Best looking was the wide arched BBS shod Le Mans but it was strangled by a catalyst so only produced 185bhp. They were actually pretty reliable and very highly rated as drivers cars

and very very twitchy if the fuel tank was near empty.........ive always loved them and can remember seeing them in 86/87 while i was learning to drive and thinking that one day it would be mine................also always had a soft spot for the Fuego too

250 bhp, (if that's the car off pistonheads I think it's nearer 300) and an engine in the boot, winner!

Always loved them, even look good in yellow.