neil20vtc

back in a corrado (vrt time!)

Getting there. Have you just the one fan on a standard rad?

Sorry mate only just seen this comment! It has two slimline fans on a standard rad

Some fine work going on here. That engine bay refresh looks wonderful, and that colour really is lovely. I would have fancied redoing the whole bay, but don't really have the time, space or inclination to really go for it so am settling for just touching up.

That respray looks the business though. Always nice to see the results people can get at home without spending thousands at a body shop.

Just a quick question, how did you get the corrosion off your gearbox before spraying it? I've been cleaning up some other alloy parts and it's been a struggle - I had planned to do my gearbox but with the effort involved with the other parts had decided not to bother. Seeing yours like that though has made me think I really should!

Some fine work going on here. That engine bay refresh looks wonderful, and that colour really is lovely. I would have fancied redoing the whole bay, but don't really have the time, space or inclination to really go for it so am settling for just touching up.

That respray looks the business though. Always nice to see the results people can get at home without spending thousands at a body shop.

Just a quick question, how did you get the corrosion off your gearbox before spraying it? I've been cleaning up some other alloy parts and it's been a struggle - I had planned to do my gearbox but with the effort involved with the other parts had decided not to bother. Seeing yours like that though has made me think I really should!

Thanks for the nice comment the car is now on the road again was a lot of hard work spraying it myself not sure I would do another or that the wife would allow me as it took up a lot of my time!

The gearbox I washed with gunk then attacked it with a selection of different wire wheels took some time/effort but I think worth it

selection of different wire wheels took some time/effort but I think worth it

I feared the words time and effort might be marching confidently over the horizon... Ah well, best get the wire wheels out!

Colour looks really good, really freshens the Corrado up I think. Must be a great feeling to have it back on the road with all the hard work you've put in.