neil20vtc

back in a corrado (vrt time!)

hi jeff,been reading your thread.

can i pick your brains a bit.

firstly,i presume your bhp figure is at the flywheel?

what turbo are you running?the ko4 wont give out such figures?

mine 1.8t(aeb on ko4) is on upsolute chip,its a bit aggresive since i did the n75 for a j.

very nice work.

mines got a little too much power for front wheel drive though on boost.tourque steer can be a bitch.

i'm on here chasing a nice corrado,your car has given me allsorts of ideas.expensive ideas though aint they.....

hi stu yeah the figure is at the flywheel and it is running a ko4 andy (who did the conversion) says a custom code remap on a standard bam 1.8t will see 270ish bhp mine gets the extra bhp from not running a cat and having a bigger intercooler and agree with you on the too much power for fwd although mine just suffers from wheelspin more than anything which can be controlled with very careful use of my right foot although a lsd would come in handy i did think mine would torque steer quite badly but the addition of poly bushes seems to help a lot

fitted my scuttle cover today so took some pics, also i hadnt got round to taking any of the engine bay now its had the rest of its blue hoses fitted i think the cover tidys the bay up a treat as spoiled it a bit before being able to see all the wiper moter etc

and fitted my new steering wheel its a 300mm one feels well small after using the original one

cheers for your comments and stan interior looks better with the recaros as the original seats were light grey like the carpet, was a bit too much! and bally liking your new paint especially the change of colour to the wheels goes well with aqua blue

cheers for your comments and stan interior looks better with the recaros as the original seats were light grey like the carpet, was a bit too much! and bally liking your new paint especially the change of colour to the wheels goes well with aqua blue

cheers dude :wink: I like the engine in yrs 8)

me and my mate got round to doing the false boot floor today i have done it with a split in it so i can still get to my spare wheel if i have to , ignore the wires dangaling about in the last pic there gonna tidied up when its finished apart from that im well pleased with how its turned out

Lovely corrado 20vt, just a quick question jeff my 20vt is running really poor at the moment like a really really bad misfire, i was thinking it may be one of the coil packs, what were the symptons on yours that made you realise they were cream cracked?.....

Lovely corrado 20vt, just a quick question jeff my 20vt is running really poor at the moment like a really really bad misfire, i was thinking it may be one of the coil packs, what were the symptons on yours that made you realise they were cream cracked?.....

like yours mine was just running really rough no misfires but a total lack in power and genrally unhealthy the best way to check if its the coils is to remove the plugs off the top of them one by one it should run even worse when you do this and if you unplug one and it runs the same you know that thats the dud coil pack i would suggest replacing them all if it is a coil as when i replaced the dud one on mine another one went straight away replaced the lot and its been fine ever since hope that makes sense

Right nice one jeff i think it sounds like the coils, just one more thing how much did both packs set you back?

sorry faz i couldnt tell you how much they were as i didnt pay for them psi tuning did who did the conversion an posted them upto me oh and my real name is neil i just use jeffcabbage as a username!

was at work today and had a phone call from the boss as he was out of town he rang to tell me that when he left last night he bumped my car but couldnt see what damage he had done due to it being dark and that if any damage he will get it sorted

i hadnt even noticed as it was dark when i left work and dark when i drove there this morning but after i spoke to him i went out to find this :mad:

not amused dont know if you can see in the pics clearly what the damage is but its smashed the rear cluster dented the rear arch put a slight crease just above the rear arch and scratched the boot and spoiler so not too good a day for me anyone like to hazard a guess as to how much it will be to fix?

New pair lights (can't buy separately) = £120 ish

Quarter panel / arch / spoiler / tailgate repair and spray (5-6 hrs labour @ £35 poss more per hr plus VAT (or whatever hourly labour rate a decent bodyshop in your locality charges private customers) = £200 ish

Materials = £50-£100

(the damage on the pictured parts is repairable, however, an awkward repair by the area of the damage, just make sure it's done by reputable bodyshop, there is no point buying new parts, only quarter-panel and tailgate still available anyways....at £1700+VAT for the pair, then you would have to buy 2nd-hand bumper and rear spoiler, and get them prepped and painted then fitted !)

£120+£100+£200 = £420-£450 (say £500 and it would all be covered, just to be on safe-side)

Cheers, HTH and you get it sorted.

It could have been worse, he could have kept quiet and left you with the bill!!

Its happened to me before and i wasnt a happy man at all..

At least he came clean. Pretty decent.

My C picked up a small ding in the drivers door, from our company secretary. She didn't even know she'd done it! But her Ford Ka had Vw green paint on the edge of the door and I had Ford Ka silver on mine, so no contest really.

cheers for your replies chaps an yeah im glad he came clean some one at work earlier in the year put a dent in the door on that side when opening the van door but never admitted it so at least this time i dont have to pay for it

Bring it up at your next appraisal when you're discussing a pay increase!

Nice one!

Yep at least he came clean, gutted to see it but looks like it will get sorted. Try and save the message whatever format it was in, just in case the £££s scare him!

well my car is finally going into the bodyshop tomorrow to get sorted and have to say BigTartanJudge was pretty much spot with his guess it was 400+vat but think im going to pay some extra and get the rear bumper done at the same time as it had a few marks on it anyway, so by this time tomorrow ill be driving one of there corsa's about i cant wait!!!

this time tomorrow ill be driving one of there corsa's about i cant wait!!!

Its gonna be worth it though!!

ended up being a toyota aygo quite a funny little thing really although i almost cacked my pants driving it home as i was getting blown all over the place

well got my car back today am well chuffed with the repair only thing is my mate(who did the job) ordered the wrong tail lights he ended up gettin all smoked lights i didnt realise this until today when picking it up and they were already fitted anyway im really not sure if i like them but didnt say anything as he managed to respray my bumper and back panel at no cost to me or any extra for my boss's bill so i cant really complain!