neil20vtc

back in a corrado (vrt time!)

again cheers for ya comments guys, put three layers of wheel sealant and a layer of rim wax on the borbets today to try protect them from the elements and most of all brake dust,

one of my neighbours came out an said he didnt like them as from a distance he thinks they look like dustbin lids!!!! cheeky git!! anyways here is some decent pics of the new wheels

again cheers for your comments people im well happy with how it looks at the mo

couple of new additions a new exhaust which has made the car feel so much different as the old one was quite restrictive this one has made the power delivery a lot smoother although im still undecided about the back box being in view and bought blue joes ali washer bottle so got that fitted as the old one had gone all mankey inside anyways here is some pics

been an expensive month for me the rado went in to get its rear arches pulled as it was doing my nut in that they were still rubbing and didnt like driving the car with the coilovers set on hardest setting but i ended up getting the front arches rolled as well as they rubbed every now and then and also have my smoothed mirrors painted.

when i dropped the car off at my mates work i told him to sort anything he thought needed doing, his boss ended up being off for a week so he ended up doing the arches and respraying both sides of the car plus the front bumper!

i have always used the c as my daily car but after having this work done i couldnt bare to see it get scrapes and dinks on the sides from car parks etc so have bought arfur a mk2 8v gti to use as a daily took ages to find a clean straight example but eventually found this one near bristol bit of a trek but worth it after some of the sheds i did look at!!

some pics for ya

very nice mate, looks gleaming....

i kinda agree with your neighbour tho, the rims aren't my cuppa tea, but can see the appeal

right the car went in to get its rear bumper resprayed before goin on the stand at ultimate dubs so whilst it was there i decided to get some other bits painted and try to be a bit different i was gonna keep it a secret an let everyone see it for the first time at the show but ive just got the car back from the bodyshop an dont know if i even like what i have had done what do you think?????????????

the colour is anthricite matching the centres of my borbets there is also more bits done than ive not shown like the roof strips the front splitter (now50mm so the paint dont get scraped sraight off! ) an the towing eye covers an headlight covers just really dont know if it works think the rear plate surround is just too much an should of gone for matching the body colour i=on that ah well too late to change it now hopefully it will grow on me an it certainly is different!!

i like it, as you say tho maybe the rear one was a bit ott, but end of the day you can pull it off and get it redone in blue! like the wheels. and what widths did you go for? are they 9" all round?

Looking good, will keep an eye out for it at this years shows!

It's hard to tell from those pictures. I quite like the door handles though.

I agree its hard to see but I think that the handles and grill look pretty good, rear i'll reserve judgement on until next week :)

Don't know if it's my place to say, but the grey trim bits don't work for me. Of all the years I've used Back to Black or similar on my trim, I like to think it was for good reason. The Borbets are better left off or left on as a different colour too IMO. But ignore me - I'm probably envious in some way too. TBH it's a fantastic piece of kit you've got there. It's a perfect combination of old school looks and modern refinement. Modern cars look so gutless and safe these days (samey: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=66243&st=0&sk=t&sd=a)- which thankfully, is why people like you do what you do! :notworthy:

cheers for your comments guys it looks better with the borbets on which i did today and also slammed the car a bit more as i said its certainly different!!

and what widths did you go for? are they 9" all round?

yeah 9" all round mate

what arch work etc have you had to do, or do you just live with the catching? :)

reason i ask is i have gone for 9" for the rear just wondering what would need doing :p

what arch work etc have you had to do, or do you just live with the catching? :)

reason i ask is i have gone for 9" for the rear just wondering what would need doing :p

i had them rolled at first but it still rubbed on big bumps so have had them pulled as well now, what needs doing depends on how low you want it

You need some fuller pics of the car dude, cant tell from those. Reckon the rear may be a bit ott though.

im startin to think the rear plate surround is ok doesnt look as out of place with the matching wheels on an you will have to wait till ultimate dubs to see it fully hopefully i wont get laughed at! :lol:

You need some fuller pics of the car dude, cant tell from those. Reckon the rear may be a bit ott though.

im startin to think the rear plate surround is ok doesnt look as out of place with the matching wheels on an you will have to wait till ultimate dubs to see it fully hopefully i wont get laughed at! :lol:

See you there then.

well the new painted bits have grown on me now and i think they look great and makes the car individual which is what i wanted

finally managed to get the few pics i had on my phone onto the computer only have a couple from the sat as i forgot my camera then my phone batteries ran out :mad2:

It looks mint mate, fantasic stance going on there :shades:

I think I spotted you the day before UD at the BP petrol station at about 12:45, I tried to get a pic but just missed you as you can see in the pic :lol: You can just see the car where it says 'caution speedhump' if you look cloesly.

think i can just see it!! it was me id popped into psi tuning on the way down to ultimate dubs an was just puttin some more fuel in there to get me the rest of the way

looks well smart in those pics :D seeing it all shiney there makes me like the silver bits more, when you took photos up close of em i wasnt sure but seeing them across the entire car in 1 pic makes em look cool :D

been busy recently moving into my first house with my gf and due to this sold the mk2 i had as cant afford to run two cars but im enjoying being back in the c every day makes me appreciate it more :D

anyways i kept the estorils i refurbished myself as im going to run them in winter but when i fitted them they looked lost as my arches have been modded to suit the borbets so i got some spacers 25mm a side for the front and 30mm a side for the rear it looks loads better now

neil.

30mm spacers on the rear look just right for thoses wheels, what are they 7 x 15"?

im running 7 x 16 on my rears ET 35 (think) anyway i was looking for 15-20mm spacers, maybe 30mm would suit after looking at yours.

i dont think there as wide as 7x15 but i cant remember what they are, but im pretty sure there et35

and i needed 30mm a side as my arches have been rolled and beaten out to suit 9x16 wheels with et 15

hope this helps