Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Is being this low.......

too low, i can just fit one more finger under my front bumper than you and im banging all the time, speed bumps are a huge no no

i always plan my journey around them, if i know there is a bump and it cant be avoided, i have to kick everyone out of the car, much to their dismay but hey, they arnt paying for the bumper to be sprayed every couple of months!!!

Its no longer an everyday car so will see how it goes, just loks so damned aggressive now that I'm really loathe to raise the ride height

snap!!!!

it may hurt and you will screw up your face like your taking a dump when you do bottom out but for over all in ya face hard as nails factor its worth it!!

Thats the back edge of the new Rieger front bumper

You'll be editing that comment to "Thats the back edge of the damaged Rieger front bumper" in a few days :lol:

The ferry crews were very patient with all the low supercars and the C's last year and they approach the situation as challenge rather than a problem... you'll be fine mate - I will be impressed if your bumper is still in one peice by the time you go to france though :lol:

That IS low, wow, as I thought I was low with the Rieger front bumper on my Mk1 Rocco. I still have 50 mm clearance (that's 3 of my fingers :lol:).

Going on the Stena Line ferry, they put me on the lower deck, as I can't get up the ramp, so no worries with ferries, just ask nicely. They should be used to low cars.

Speed bumps is usually a case of avoiding them (I plot out routes with one of my ohter 2 Karmanns before I take the Mk1) or crawling over them in 1st gear. Some driveways I can't get onto, eg. leading up to the car park of my local Powerflow exhaust center (scrape ... arrrghh!!).

Have fun :-)

Tempest

The ferry crews were very patient with all the low supercars and the C's last year and they approach the situation as challenge rather than a problem... you'll be fine mate - I will be impressed if your bumper is still in one peice by the time you go to france though

I agree.

They took ages trying to get a Lambo on, really patient, it was good to see

No grounding at all today, went to Ultimate Dubs and then down to Ironbridge for lunch, totally forgetting that there's 600 yards of speed humps, cleared them all with no scraping