Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Furk'z G60 ****SOLD****

its crazy - what purpose does it serve?

its got to compromise a) the tyre strength and b) the levels of grip the tyre can provide.

I just dont like mods that compromise the performance of the car. Probablies the wrong place for this, still a nice looking car though

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing the answer doesn't involve people 30+.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing the answer doesn't involve people 30+.

haha maybe so :lol:

I must be getting old, stretched tyres occupy the same area in modding as fluffy dice to me - totally pointles and slightly dangerous ;)

to be fair, the stretched tyres are needed so fit under the arches, and may be a little dangerous if they decided to peel themselves off the rim when going round a corner too fast...but ssurely going round a corner too fast is dangerous whether its got the correct tyres or not???!!!

Going round a corner TOO fast is obviously dangererous, however you are increasing the danger exponentially by having tyres that are an incorrect fit and likely to peel themselves off the rim at speed!

to be fair, the stretched tyres are needed so fit under the arches, and may be a little dangerous if they decided to peel themselves off the rim when going round a corner too fast...but ssurely going round a corner too fast is dangerous whether its got the correct tyres or not???!!!

Obviously everyone should drive for the given conditions, road surface, and vehicles limits, thats true, but what I am saying is that tyre was never designed to operate with a sidewall at a 45 degree angle, so I would imagine and I am only guessing that its not really going to like it. Steel belted radials an all. So the only point I can see for stretching tyres is a) you cant afford the right size tyres for the wheel, or b) you think they look good.

b) is obviously subjective but you have to be pretty mad IMO to compromise the handling of a car that handles really well and is one of the main reasons we buy them, for the sake of style.

oh there is a c) so they fit in the arches. In that case then your wheels are too wide.

i agree with what you are saying, but as soon as you fit tyres which dont fit under the arch fully and wind the suspension right down you are compromising safety, as soon as the arch hits the sidewall and takes a chunk out of it, the tyre has lost some strength and needs replacing, but i wonder how many members on here are running wide wheels and have TOTALLY intact sidewalls.....

i agree with what you are saying, but as soon as you fit tyres which dont fit under the arch fully and wind the suspension right down you are compromising safety

Bingo!!! then dont do it!

Theres no way I'd run tyres how furki does, I appreciate the aesthetics but I'd have kurbed the protruding alloy within a few hours! :(

If I were to do it, it'd be on a set of wheels reserved for show use only, I really cant see them performing well on the road.

If I were to do it, it'd be on a set of wheels reserved for show use only,

think thats the raeson its still on the road, it gets tucked up in a nice garage when its not being driven, and i doubt he's stupid enough to drive it round like a nutter, at the risk of crashing one of the nicest corrados in the country....

If I were to do it, it'd be on a set of wheels reserved for show use only,

think thats the raeson its still on the road, it gets tucked up in a nice garage when its not being driven, and i doubt he's stupid enough to drive it round like a nutter, at the risk of crashing one of the nicest corrados in the country....

how wrong are you :lol:

its more or less a daily car apart from going to work, coz i work with disrespectful animals!

And his other wheels are now on my caddy so he has no choice.. Joking aside i regually drive this car and have never had any adverse effects from the stretch, He also outrun my car on the M6 toll road. (up to 70 of course :wink:)

so you are telling me that you literally thrash the living daylights out of your car, and drive it like a complete loon round corners ? im a bit hesitant at doing that in my corrado, and thats got sensible sized wheels and proper sticky rubber (R888s)....

I drive like a loon as well nothing happened as yet apart from the tail out at roundabouts!! But it has to be provoked!

so you are telling me that you literally thrash the living daylights out of your car, and drive it like a complete loon round corners ? im a bit hesitant at doing that in my corrado, and thats got sensible sized wheels and proper sticky rubber (R888s)....

yes, and u dont coz your gay :-P

ive been through the phase of running streched tyres on my Porsche silver roses. although they were the best looking set of wheels/tyres ive had on the car to date, and DID NOT have any issues with handling/tyres coming off etc, if i ever wanted to take the car round Goodwood, i dont think id have as much/if any faith in it from the moment i turned the key.....

you be surprised mate, seen 205/40's on 9's handle some serious abuse!!! and i mean serious

Finally got around to fixing it today and thought it be best to give it a wipe over

bbsfvrf.jpg

siderear.jpg

grey.jpg

fix.jpg

Hope the wedding went well mate! :wink:

What was up with your car anyway? hasnt it been at Darrens place for a few weeks weeks for some work??