Sign in to follow this  
sciroccotune

I have been violated! - attempted break in!!!

Well all I have to say is bunch of thevin tossers!!!

My car was parked in one of the university car parks since mid day today and I return to find that some one has put a screwdriver between the door and handle wrecking both!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The door wont even open!!

On the plus side the F**kers didn't get me C, it beat them!!! :roll:

Hopefully something will come of the cctv but I wont get my hopes up.

Anyway it means that I now need a new drivers door before I can secure the car again!

Looking for flash red peeps, and ill put a post in wanted later.

Final question, how have you guys dealt with such instances in terms of fixing the door??

sorry to hear that scirocco!

i had the top of my mk2 prixzed open took me ages to find new door but still managed to shut door fine so it was ok till got new one!

Thanks guys!! in some ways im kinda impressed that the C held its own. I guess it could have been much worse! Still i am now sitting in a uni computer room waiting for the police to call!!!

Indecently i was locked in the car park so would have been forced to stay anyway :lol: :lol:

it`s a right bastard when this sort of thing happens :bad-words: are you sure that the door is un repairable ? there are these plates that go around the door handle to cover up this sort of damage, i know they dont look that swish but it would do for now until you found the "perfect" door if you felt the need to replace

chrisvr6nos had a simular attempted theft and used the armor door plates like Gaz suggested, they dont look that bad TBH and they covered his hole nicely (oh er!)

thanks guys, sadly i dont think that mk2 golf plates will fit, thanks anyway. any one know where you can get corrado ones? i guess i could have a look what they are like. :-)

and cheers Neil

Second problem is i cant get the door open! anyone know how i can do this with out killing the door card?

....go in through the boot ? once you get the door open from the inside then it`s just a matter of repairing the door linkage that attaches to the handle * EDIT * did you get pm chris about the wheels / tyres ?

thanks for the info guys and ill try C&R. I cant even open the door from the inside! looks like they have wiggled the insides of the door something bad!

I may give the same method that they used a try :lol:

anyway looks like i will be getting the bus to work tonight!

Sorry to hear that mate, this country is being taken over by teenage pikeys. Is that royal holloway in the background???

Sorry t hear that chris.

Some geezer on this site had a thread about armour plates.

Robbin Scumbags!!

:lcop:

sciroccotune, Sorry to hear about this..bastids

I think daves16v does a armoured door plate?

Thanks again guys, you lot understand my pain, most of my mates just see it as a car! :lol:

I think im gonna look into the door plates as i have managed to bend the door back into place and (after getting it open, turned out it was just locked with the key and the plastic locking tab for the CL was snaped) it may at least be a short term solution.

p.s its Durham Cathedrial

most of my mates just see it as a car!

What do they know?

Mine all say the same. Hope things get sorted soon fella.

Had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. Idiots dont realise u can break in with a hanger in seconds.