Sign in to follow this  
Sanj

I think my cars been cloned!

My wife got a letter through the post today to say she's been speeding in her Nissan Micra, well get this the car is broken since december last year when the piston in the engine seized up and we had to get it towed back to our house by the AA. Theletter from teh police stated that she was doing 41 in a 30mph zone, in Lancashire, we live in London!! The day the speeding offense took place both my wife and I were at work. It seems to me that some w*anker has cloned my wifes car or something! I was straight onto the phone to DVLA to ask whats going on and all they said was that no one has requested a V5 document etc so now I have to go around proving that we are innocent! Hopefully teh AA report from when we got the car towed back is enough proof. I'm alittle bit worried now because I keep thinking that someone might have cloned my Corrado too!!

:shock:

Don't sound good mate :(

Read once before this bloke bought a Supra for £10K and it was cloned before he bought it and the plate on it was from a Golf, police took the Supra off him and he never got one penny back...

My wifes had the car for over 8 years and its only a J plate Micra with a busted engine so its not worth a packet of crisps! We've been meaing to get rid of the car at a scrappy but just did'nt get round to it. I wish I did now.

Read once before this bloke bought a Supra for £10K and it was cloned before he bought it and the plate on it was from a Golf, police took the Supra off him and he never got one penny back...

Anyone daft enough to buy a £10k car without an HPi check is asking for that sort of grief.

Sanj, you shouldn't have any problems proving that it wasn't you. It must be pretty common these days.

My mate got a London congestion charge bill for his girlfriend's Nova a while back. The car has never been out of Norfolk in its life. He got is sorted easily but the story even made the local paper :)

ste pitt from pitstop developments had this done with his polo g40 when he was still working at the post ,had a kid ring him and ask about the car he used to own !!! ended up with his name on the logbook twice cos he had to register it back to himself ,he wasn't pleased !!!!

Quite.

.. and if you get the car HPi checked and they MISS an important fact like that, THEY will pay you up to ten grand to cover your losses.

It's very common for them to get the number plate wrong, so request a photograph of the speeding offense.

It'll probably be green BWM or something and as you own (for example) a red Micra, it would kind of prove your point straight away.

If they get arsey with you send them a letter telling them that the car is available for inspection, but due to half of the insides of the engine being mangled, they'll have to come out and see it.

Then invoice them £60 for your time in correcting their error :lol:

this happened to my sister when she owned a pug 205 many moons ago. She lived in yorkshire and had a letter about leaving the scene of an accident somewhere up in scotland! apparently an identical pug had reversed into someone elses car and then bu&&ered off, only they caught him on CCTV and got the registration. Fortunatly my sister was able to prove where she was at the time, and had witnesses to say her car was parked at work at the time of the accident. The police did dig about a bit but eventually dropped it relising my sister had nothing to do with it. she sold the car the next week, worrying what else this scotish nutter might get up to!