Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

rear lights

Yeah that is right but all you have to do is make the fixing holes longer on the car ,to get more up or down movement to align them !

I didnt bother as mine arent too bad which are FKS ,which are apparently better fitting than the IN PRO !

If you're going to spray them black, there's always the smoked option??(although still slightly 'crystal'- ish)

Venom do these for £190?.

I have the FK crystals on the rear of mine and although they weren't spot on for fitment originally, with a little common sense they were adjusted and now fit completely fine.

So far after a year, no misting either. I've heard that both FK and In-pro ones are common to this. The only problem i've had thats similar, is some gunk getting under the lense near the seam which was sorted with a quick blast from the pressure washer.

i think the smoked option would look ok. has anyone got them on there C, if so have you got any pics? and has anyone ever seen smoked front fogs and indicators on a C to?

Heres a picture of mine!

Could do with lining up a bit better,but does nt bother me too much!

they are FK.

Are these the smoked FK's?

If so, was expecting them to look darker... :roll:

Backtracking a little bit here.

Im in the process of doing a set of rear lights red. Have seen the guide on here advising using stripes to allow the orange through. Has anyone striped them all the way round i.e over the reverse lights or have they just done the corner indicator part and left the reverse lights white??

I think id like to colour the reverse light but wonder what the stripes would look like. Has anyone got a close up photo to give me an idea??

I had a set of the smoked crystal rears on one of my old rado's. Defo thought they couldve done with being a fair bit darker.

Heres the ones i did on wedge. Tinted the top half red using pinstripe tape over the reverse light to create the stripes. Peel this off then laquer over the whole lot. Couldve done with wet and drying again once the laquer had gone off.

cheers :) only striped the reversing lights. Never actually got round to puttinga green bulb in but that was the intention.

Heres the FK's on my old red one

better pic

Main thing i didnt like with the FK's was the silver coating round the edges. Looked really cheap IMO. I painted mine Metallic looked miles better. Also the fit isnt perfect but a little bit of mainulation on the locating holoes with a dremel son cures this

HTH

Gav

They look good aswell but i think the reds just a nice subtle change.

What width of masking tape have you used? Smallest i can find in B&Q is about 15mm which is too big.

Quick question to anyone who has painted there standard lights red.

Ive done mine, paint and laquer and they dont look very smooth. Did anyone else have the same experience??

Any advise on polishing them smooth? T cut, very fine wet and dry???

It's all about building it up in very thin layers, anything too thick will end up orange peely. You might be able to use a very fine wet and dry to take a bit of the lacquer then re-lacquer it.

To get them lovely and shiny-smooth, give them a really good go with 1000 grit wet and dry with plenty of water. Then use 1400 grit. Then use a cutting compound such as Safe Cut (yellow bottle from Halfords) and polish the hell out of them.

Have sanded them back with 1000 grit, cleaned them up and done the thin layers and now they look business.

Ill give them a good polish in a couple of days once they are fully dried out.

Cheers for the tips.

Opening this topic up again.

Have done a set of red rear clusters which im happy with but curiousity has got the better of me.

Would anyone with a green C mind popping a photo of their motor on or giving me a link to a pic if theyve got the following:

Red and Clear

Red and smoked.

Just fancy seeing what its like.

Cheers

I want to get a set of clear/red rear lights, FK or In.pro don't really mind which. Where is the best place to get them from? I know they're fairly common everywhere now but who deserves my hard earned cash more?