Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

rear lights

has anyone got clear/red rear lights (not the crystal ones) on there C, if so any chance of seeing some pics? thanks

Yup, the only aftermarket ones are all crystal-effect.

Reckon if we all got together and petitioned Hella, we could get some factory original smoke/red ones made? I'm sure they did actually make some for the convertible prototype...

Reckon if we all got together and petitioned Hella, we could get some factory original smoke/red ones made?

Not a bad idea that.

I know its not like having the original but a couple of coats of black tinting spray and it'd be nice and smoked..?!

cheers guys, i was sure id seen a C wearin non crystal one but mayb i just need my eyes tested :roll:

im just tryin to work out which lights would look best on a black C? not keen on the standard items, crystals or blacked out!?

KADVR6, i smoothed all of the numbers off mine then sprayed them with Foliatec red tint from halfords then when they had hardened ( two weeks) i t-cut them.

Lovely and shiney! Green bulbs and they flash orangeish.

never been a fan of the foliatec stuff, but if you reckon it works i will give it a try, cheers 8)

Foliatec cans do state that they should only be used for track cars, but providing the MOT man passes them as they light up the right colour. I used it on my standard set of lights and they came out pretty good.

Yeah I've always used Savage spray too (carp name though :roll: )

Did my all reds on the mk1 with it and Dave and I did the rats and my C rears with the stuff too... you can do 2 sets of lights with one can if you use it sparingly 8)

Foliatec cans do state that they should only be used for track cars, but providing the MOT man passes them as they light up the right colour.

They have to light up the right colour but they also have to have a reflector that works, if you think when you leave your can on an unlit street at night it's only the reflector that makes it obvious a car is there and stops muppets hitting the back of it.

Legally if you spray over the reflectors you have to stick aftermarket halfords jobbies onto the back of the car somewhere. Although the rozzers would have to be pretty bored to pull you over for it.

Need to sort out some green bulbs for mine as they are flashing red at the moment... :?

Local art shop, green glass paint, about 40p a pot!

Laura's rears have 8 coats of smoke tint and 3 coats of lacquer! will post pics once they've been cut back to a mirror shine...

Mine have exactly the same amount of coats of paint and lacquer, but red. Have you tried the green bulbs before then?

Yup, ran them in the Passat's red-tinted rear lights before switching to factory Hella smoked ones... Peugeot use green plastic filters on the indicators of their cars with all-red rear lights, as do Renault, so it works...

Painted my bulbs today and just refitted them. Not much difference TBH, if any. They are flashing a very dark orange and there is not much in it between them and the red rear lights.

Oh well. Will I fail the MOT on them?