Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

The easy alloy wheel thread (setups,offsets, brakes & al

is there a definitive guide on here for alloys and theyre offsets what will fit and what wont!

if not can we start one as information for anyone buying new alloys for their C!

VR6 factory wheels = 5 stud offset = 43

but any offset between 15 & 40 is obtainable with spacers etc

G60 & 16v factory wheels = 4 Stud Offset = 35

but these offsets are obtainable if these spacers are used

so purely example of a post: I run 17's with offset 20 and 5mm spacers on my VR

i will then add it to the main post!

in the format like

rim diameter:

rim size:

offset:

stud pattern:

what spacers: if applicable?

centre bore size:57.1

as you can see i have started to seperate posts in this thread for wheels sizing offsets etc for the vr6 and the g60 & 16v

so if you know what offset your running with what spacers your running if any then let me know and ill post it! as im always wondering whether or not certain alloys will fit? arent you?

G60 & 16v

rim diameter:

rim size:

offset:

stud pattern:

centre bore size: 57.1mm

IHIG60: 17x7.5 Compomotive CRX wheels, offset:33mm, 4 stud, No spacers

215/40/17 slight rubbing on full lock. Ibiza 305mm Brembo's, Lowered 50mm FK coilovers

All compmotive wheels clear Brembo's due to motorsport design. 15's can even be squeezes on but require mod's to bolts on caliper (grinding down)

Sarlett: 9x16 Borbet T's all round, et 15, 4x100, fit straight on

215/40 - 16 Toyo Proxy T1-S rub on full lock to the right, 60mm drop.

280 mm brakes

VR6

rim diameter:

rim size:

offset:

stud pattern:

centre bore size:57.1mm

grade_A: 7.5x17 ET33 BBS RS301s with 205/40 tyres on my VR

kev_haywire:

60mm lowered on H&R coilovers, 7.5x16 ET35 5x100 Speedlines, 205/45/16 Uniroyal Rainsports, No spacers

Current brakes - 288 calipers and 312x25 discs. Clearance from spokes to caliper face - approx 10mm, clearance from caliper to inner wheel rim approx 10mm.

Next brakes: AP Racing CP5200 4 pot calipers and 304x28 drilled rotors on alloy bells. Clearance from spokes to Caliper - 3mm, Clearance from caliper to inner wheel rim - approx 10mm.

312 discs/caliper setup clears BBS RX/RC, RH ZW1

288 discs/calipers clear 15" Speedlines and Solitudes

XBONES: Ronal R7: width: 17", rim size: 7.5", offset: 35, 5 Stud

No Spacers, Brakes 312mm TT

thanks dazzy but i've already looked at that and its the differing size alloys i want to know that fit so I can have an alloy that others dont have and if people have already used these or for example the porsche alloys with spacers it can be put up on here so people in the future will know if a certain size or offset alloy can be fitted to either there G60 or VR6

so then if someone finds some alloys on ebay & there 4- stud for example with an offset of 20. then they can look on here and maybe someone else is running them with spacers then you would know?! this is purely too help people as me myself am always looking for new wheels and am unsure to whether they will fit?

A lot of what will fit depends on how low you are, whether you have a late or early body, what tyres you want to run, whether you're willing to stretch or not, whether you're running coilovers or not, etc, etc...

Best thing is if you find a set of wheels you like, calculate how much more the inner and outer edges will stick in/out compared to your current wheels, then go have a look at your car and see if they look like they'll fit!

For example, I currently have 7.5x17 ET33 RS301s with 205/40 tyres on my VR. I'll soon be fitting a set of 8.5x17 ET35 OZ splits, also with 205/40 tyres. There's an extra inch (25.4mm) in width, and the offset is increased by 2mm. So, the new wheels' inner lip will be 14.7mm further inboard (25.4/2 + 2 = 14.7), and the outer lip will be 10.7mm further out of the arch (25.4/2 - 2 = 10.7). I will have more of a stretch on the tyres though, which will reduce the sidewall height whilst also angling it over a bit, allowing a touch more clearance. make sense? :)

Oh, and VW centre bore is 57.1mm...

well maybe if you dont mind i will add your stats up on the thread and we can do it that way then if people like those alloys they'll know they can fit are you running any spacers with them grade_A

How about adding what brakes your running so people who have big conversions ie; Brembo's know what will clear also.

G60

17x7.5 Compomotive CRX wheels

33mm offset

4 stud

No spacers

215/40/17 tyres Had T1-R slight rubbing on full lock not too much to wory about. Currently pants Falken on front, do not buy these!

Ibiza 305mm Brembo's

Lowered approx 50mm FK coilovers

All compmotive wheels clear Brembo's due to motorsport design. 15's can even be squeezed on but require mod's to bolts on caliper (grinding down)

added if people want to just do what IHI and grade has done they are more than welcome and i will just add it to the top of the thread also maybe if you've had more than one set of alloys on your c you could put that too thanks andy because i know there is some wheel fiends on here!

What the hell, might aswell join in for fun :-)

VR6

60mm lowered (I think) on H&R coilovers

7.5x16 ET35 5x100 Speedlines with 205/45/16 Uniroyal Rainsports

No spacers

Current brakes - 288 calipers and 312x25 discs. Clearance from spokes to caliper face - approx 10mm, clearance from caliper to inner wheel rim - approx 10mm.

Brakes when AP can be arsed to deliver them - AP Racing CP5200 4 pot calipers and 304x28 drilled rotors on alloy bells. Clearance from spokes to Caliper - 3mm, Clearance from caliper to inner wheel rim - approx 10mm.

Oh and the 312 discs/caliper setup clears BBS RX/RC, RH ZW1 and 288 discs/calipers clear 15" Speedlines and Solitudes..... just to bog you down with more info :-)

ok.. here goes...

9x16 Borbet T's all round, et 15, 4x100, 57.1 centrebore.... fit straight on!!! 215/40 - 16 Toyo Proxy T1-S's all round, rub on full lock to the right (60mm drop).

Have 280 mm brakes underneath, hoping to get S2 twin pots to fit on, poss 305's eventually.....

You can add that 312mm brakes on the VR are ok under the RS301s - I don't have them, but Asim (moonlightVR) did... oh, and mine's on a 35mm (approx) drop

VR6

Ronal R7

rim diameter: 17

rim size: 7.5

offset: 35 I think

stud pattern: 5*100

what spacers: None

centre bore size:57.1mm

Brakes 312mm TT

There's something I don't understand about up-sizing the wheels and tyres.

Everyone who is running 16's seems to be running 205/45 R16 but the various tyre calculators show 225/40 R16 as having a closer rolling circumference to the standard 205/50 R15.

Is it a case that in the real world 205/45 R16 is more suitable than the on-paper figures would suggest?

Tyre Size Comparison

Specification  Sidewall  Radius  Diameter  Circumference  Revs/Mile  Difference
205/50-15         4.0in  11.5in    23.1in         72.5in        874        0.0%
205/45-16         3.6in  11.6in    23.3in         73.1in        867        0.8%
225/40-16         3.5in  11.5in    23.1in         72.5in        874        0.1%
205/40-17         3.2in  11.7in    23.5in         73.7in        860        1.7%

1991 G60 (early body)

7.5"x16" Borbet C, 4x100, 40mm offset.

11mm custom made spacer which converts between standard center bore and Borbet C center bore of (IIRC) 60mm (IE it acts as a spiggot ring as well as a spacer) all around to get back to a slightly more reasonable ET29

This allows clearance of the Brembo 305mm Seat Ibiza brakes on the front by around 5mm

1992 G60 (Later body)

7.5"x16" Borbet C, 4x100, 30mm Offset.

11mm custom made spacer which converts between standard center bore and Borbet C center bore of (IIRC) 60mm (IE it acts as a spiggot ring as well as a spacer) all around to get ET19.

These also cleared the Brembos by around 1mm but would not fit on the earlier Corrado due to hitting the wheel arch and having tread exposed outside the bodywork.

The ET35 or ET40 16"Borbet Cs have a shallower dish on the spokes than the ET30 / ET25 ones which is why the ET40 wheels can fit over the Brembos with an 11mm spacer and the ET30s don't clear as standard...

Took me ages to find a set of ET40 7.5"x16" 4x100 Borbet Cs though! :lol:

Tyres on all wheels have been Yoko A539 in 205x45 size, although I now have Goodyear Eagles F3s all around on H-YYU just for a change...