Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Uprated Light Wiring Loom

Bought an uprated wiring loom from a guy on ebay the other day. I fit it at the weekend. OMG! What a difference! I can actually see at night now! Would recommend this to anyone that is having trouble with their lights. It took me 10 minutes to do, is very simple.

Another one who is waiting for a loom here.

Will hopefully have it fitted this weekend, and then for some uprated bulbs to go with it. Any recommendations? Anything rated better than the Phillip's?

That would have been me Dan pleased you like it :D

Nick yours is bing sent to you tomorrow first class recorded Payed in the cheque this morning so you will have it in your hands wednesday :D

If anyone wants the uprated blue 100w bulbs I can supply these at discounted prices they usually retail at £25 for the pair I will do them for £15 + £1.50 postage for the pair Andi will back me up on this that they are absolutely superb I ve been running them in my car for ther last 2 years and they do make a big difference in themselves but5 used with the loomethty are superb I am also shipping in the H3 bulbs to go in the full beam and fog lamps which are 50% brighter with a slight bluey white tint to them I have ordered 12 bulbs at the moment 4 for me 4 for Andi and I have 4 spare if anyone wants them for the set of 4 they will cost in the region of £20-£25 + postage if a group of you want to get a group buy together then there will be a better discount available between 5-10 people should bring the price down by about a fiver for the set anyone interested PM me and once I have a decent order I will go ahead and order them

Cheers

Ant

I did my loom today too, using an old amp cable a few spade connectors and insulation tape, very easy to do, however i will be making a better earth connection to the headlight too.

Took me around two hours to cut loom and fit :D

Ok nige no problem the H3's will be coming in tomorrow hopefully so I will have a better idea on prices when they come in I'll PM you with the total price did you want the sportz blue H4's as well as the H3 ice blues?

Here a picture, with the lights on full beam running with the exisitng loom and one with the dipped beam using an uprated loom, the difference is clear!

Just one problem i have may have been ignorant to other posts but my sidelight dont work with ignition on the whole lights come on.

Ok nige no problem the H3's will be coming in tomorrow hopefully so I will have a better idea on prices when they come in I'll PM you with the total price did you want the sportz blue H4's as well as the H3 ice blues?

Just the loom and 2x H3's mate my fogs are good and i've just changed the H4's thanks

BannanaMan,

How much can you supply a wiring loom for?

I hate E-Bay, scabby gits always out bid me at the last minute :mad:

I got mine from a chap that makes the Trimsport loom cost £50 del'd - pm me if you want his contact details. SUCH a super job on the loom. Fitting it tonight. I know what you mean about Ebay - started really getting to me!! :evil:

I think £50 is too much to pay for a piece of wiring, as i said i had an old amp wiring kit laying around and got a bag of connectors so it didnt cost me anything.

Nick If u need a hand gimme a shout mate!

What's the voltage at the lights when the engine is running when using this? Don't forget the alternator is pushing 14.2V across the battery when the engine is turning, so aren't you over-driving the bulbs? (Albeit only slightly.)

That said, I'm interested... :)

Hi mate!

Yes the lights are AMAZING! Still running stock bulbs and am TOTALLY delighted! Everyone go get one of these looms!!! Can whole heartedly say that the loom is made from the best materials and has neat, perfect assembly. Contact Gavin above!

Thanks again - NO MORE CANDLELIGHT!!! :lol: :D

No i still have to disconnect the resistor, and make a relay for the beam.

I'm so glad i did the loom, theres bits of the M25 with no lights so the new loom worked a treat!

Who Has sent me £22 in the post from south east wales There is no address or letter with it so I dont know who it's from or where to send the parts??? Let me know and I'll sort you out

Cheers

Ant

Superb mod!!!

Just completed the task with some uprated bulbs and I'm extremely happy!!

(Plus I can tell the missus that it's an essential mod because it makes the car safer for when she is with me! ;))

What loom did u go for Tom? Any cutting of wires or removing of plugs involved?

ps. Havent made it to vw about the wipers yet, will check it out tommorow.

What loom did u go for Tom? Any cutting of wires or removing of plugs involved?

ps. Havent made it to vw about the wipers yet, will check it out tommorow.

I got a loom from H100VW off ebay, although he's now a member of this forum and has posted in this thread. His looms have the added benefit of using two relays. The loom is superbly made as well.

Could benefit from oem headlight connectors but this will obviously add to the costs. Depends how handy you are, but you could maybe do this yourself.

Installation is easy as pie......route the loom to each headlight and plug and play, so to speak - no cutting of wires etc. 15 - 20 minute job, if that.