Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

My car is possesed!

Either that or it's proudly sponsered by Satan :roll:

After £400 I finally had a fully working C for all of ooow about 12hrs! It then decided that it only wants to run on 3 cylinders due to a poorly fitting HT lead... so with a bit of a wiggle the problem was clearable for oooow about 12hrs... it passed an MOT yesterday and came home alright and then when I went to start it today it was back to 3 cylinders! Wiggle... still 3 cylinders drop bonnet and slam drivers door in disgust and head over to see the folks in the passat...

I then came back to have another look - this time armed with the mighty gradeA! Pull bonnet release cable - it's slack and the bonnet won't open! FFS! :roll:

So after an hour of Dave's patience and my swearing we get the bonnet open - but the grill had to be sacrificed!

All I need now is a HT lead, distributer cap, bonnet release cable and FK debadged grill!!!

Just needed to vent that... anyone else got a C this bad or is mine the worst?

Also any ideas on the best place to get the grill from - I have to have it by next w/e as it's going on the stand at GTI fest and I can't be seen in public with a badge :?

i think my C could challenge for the least reliable mate.

seriously.

you wouldn't believe the number of things that have broken/stopped working/been bodged etc etc

i don't think there's too much left that i haven't replaced :)

Nowt wrong with a badge dude... ;):lol: you do seem to have the worst luck of any C owner I've known though bud... full credit for sticking with it!

the eBay boys have grilles for £29 delivered, but it'll come from Germany. If you got it tonight, you should have it for the weekend... click meeeeeee!

Cheers mate - had found that but I'm worried it won't be here in time! Might just be easier to bite the bullet and get one form Big Boys Toys or somone like that :?

mate i got a very poor painted vw VR6 style grille with a black badge u can have for now if u need it... it is poor though but fills a gap :lol:

u might have to do what u least wanted to and get rid of it if u think its really jixed before u have to spend more and more on it

Cheers for the offer matey... I have a badged grill but can't bring my self to lower the tone with it :lol:

I know what you're saying but having spent nigh on £5K on top of what I bought it for it owes me at least a year of fun and lets be honest there ain't much left that hasn't been replaced as far as running gear goes! I've been patient with it for 3yrs now - I'm sure another week or 2 won't kill me!

Just praying to the C gods for an easy ride after this is all sorted :?

Phil K i recon my heap will give yours a run for its money at the moment!!!

my rado isnt possesed it just hates me for some reason!!!

All i have ever done is love and care for it!!!

I know that feeling mate :(

I couldn't love it any more than I do and all I get is this - if it were a girlfriend I'd be considering that we take a break :lol:

not been on forum all wkd, but sciroccotune had one FK debadged grill for sale recently. IIRC he wanted 30 notes.

Good luck with the Corrado, she'll be worth it in the end.

Lippy

See told ya mine was worse its getting low loaded into the local vw expert next week as a mobile mechanic gave up on her!!!

next thing will be cant get it on the low loader as its slammed to the floor!! I can see it coming....

Oh and its decided to chew up another battery just for fun!!!