Sign in to follow this  
pip

non stock or modded rear spoilers?

been looking @ the differeant styles of rear spoilers you can add on the rear of the corrado,but need some info and help if its o.k :oops:

looks like some attach on the original rear spoiler so must be light to allow the movement up and down or do these ones restrict you from having yours go up and down?

also seen a few styles but has anyone found a cheaper style?

wheres the best place to find them?

and the cheapest?

how hard to fit right?

thought id ask first as some of em are £350 @ least :shock: i cant afford that :oops: so thought id source some help :wink:

ive attached some pics of ones ive seen,but if any other styles made or you have info on please put them up :wink:

corrado_gtx_rearspoiler.jpg

Corrado%20GTO%202.jpg

Have you thought of a rear window spoiler? there are a bit more subtle... kind of like the one in the top picture...

i bought one from a group buy a while ago and have modded it to my own taste... just a thought!!

Regardless of the spoiler that bottom 'Corrado' looks soo wrong... and what's with the 'kiddy font' numberplate??

i know phatvr6 was talking about getting some standard shape ones made up in carbon fibre, i gave him my old spare one as a template

clicky

i have to agree with what others have said though i think those big ones are horrible. but each to their own.

have you thought about getting a bodyshop to increase the size of the original spoiler or maybe adding more of flick to the back of it?

Have you thought of a rear window spoiler? there are a bit more subtle... kind of like the one in the top picture...

i bought one from a group buy a while ago and have modded it to my own taste... just a thought!!

been looking @ them aswell :wink: how much did you pay in the end and why did you have to mod it,was it to fit right? or look differant etc?

I have 1 of them but its not to most peoples tastes! the original spoiler still works aswell

how much did you pay and was it easy to to put on?

cheers so far everyone,keep your ideas and info coming,but please dont fall out over stock or modded :roll: a dubs a dub in my eyes and if we all had the same it would be a bloody boring scene :wink:

pip it's your car, do what you want to it! 8) .. ( although i've got to drive past it all the time so don't make it look too horrendous :lol: :wink: )

I'm not a fan of modded rado's generaly, though I can apreciate modded rado's that only look modded to those that know the car ( OEM+ )

I think this was VWM's 16vg60 ..certainly not to my taste, but some people would love it!

Bought mine off a member on here and it was easy to fit. Have doubts daily of whether or not to keep it or ditch it but it goes with the whole look of the car.

your ears must ave been burnin when you went past cos i said to the missis i was gonna pm ya,then blow me you cruised past just enough for me to hang loose @ ya :D

im just exporing differant routes as when i have done up my waterpumpers ive sort of done the street/cruise/touring/vw cup look all in one so just exploring and putting some feelers out on cheapest options and budget ways of modding,so keep your ears open for me :wink:

that things front end though is ugly thats to extreme :shock: wouldnt go that far :lol:

then blow me you cruised past just enough for me to hang loose @ ya

:shock: ..i'm glad I was going to fast to see you! :wink: :lol:

I always have a peek at your car when I go past, it did my head in daily when I didn't have a rado for a while! :lol:

There's another red valver in the area too, I see it parked up near the town centre alot.

I think gibber on here has a pretty modded rado, it might be worth checking his members gallery out!

then blow me you cruised past just enough for me to hang loose @ ya

:shock: ..i'm glad I was going to fast to see you! :wink:

I always have a peek at your car when I go past, it did my head in daily when I didn't have a rado for a while! :lol:

There's another red valver in the area too, I see it parked up near the town centre alot.

I think gibber on here has a pretty modded rado, it might be worth checking his members gallery out!

a few weeks ago a black raddo was cruising around the town for a while then theres a blue one parks sometimes outside kfc in town but never see the owner,except one followed me a couple of weeks ago to summercourt hopefully meet em soon at this meet @ bude :wink:

or anyone going to pod this weekend cos i am :wink:

pip didnt cost much about £40 i think was a while ago!

ive basically made it look solid as it was a fin type but i got fed up with little b####rds ripping it off on a saturday night when they had a few too many shandies!!! and it looks alot better imho!

Corrado%20GTO%202.jpg

the red reiger one looks awesome 8) but without the kit the spoiler would need other similar style bits to work i think.

Neil. :)

my mate has the rieger spoiler and has extended his normal spoiler. It's not to my taste but suits his motorsport theme [rollcage etc]