Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

My car broke today

Well, my crappy solid front engine mount managed to break the mounting, that the block bolts to. Great.

This also meant that the Rev counter stopped working, it started off idling really high, and after playing around with it to see what was wrong, looks like it won't idle at all. Great, just before I was planning to go to Santa Pod at the weekend!!

My car hates me.....

It shouldn't come as a surprise that it found the weak point. You uprated a component that's supposed to absorb shocks to one that can't ..!

Think there's a few of that feel our C's hate for mankind! Sorry to hera about it though... picked up all the parts needed to get mine going again this morning so with some luck it'll make it to GTI fest on Sunday :?

It shouldn't come as a surprise that it found the weak point. You uprated a component that's supposed to absorb shocks to one that can't ..!

Owner before me, if you want to be picky.

Kept meaning to get round to replace it with a semi-solid one like vibratechnics, just didnt get round to doing it. Regretting it now, struggling to get it fixed before the weekend....