Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Expensive But Rubbish Paint

Urgh. looks more like snake skin than paint.

You got a link to what/where this is from Furk'z?

I wouldn't be too impressed with that job looks like the car has celulite..!

Wouldn't it be down to whoever painted it rather than the expensive paint though?

maybe it is a sign of things to come, like flock wallpaper making a comeback, we could see textured finish on cars, and people paying thouisands to retrim in velour.

Factory paint tends to be crap as a rule, we build Limos & Hearses based on Mercs and the paint finish they come from the factory with is brutal.

Merc have really lost their way, what has happened to pride? One of my mates dads brought a s320 diesel which will not stop wearing its tyres unevenly. they only seem to last about 4-5k before the edges are gone! Not bad for a near on 60k car hey....

Seriously though, I got a far better finish than that on my rear lights with a can of halfords clear lacquer and no spraying experience what so ever... :?

i see your point trig, but that's not really a comparison at all.

i can plaster a small patch/repair, but give me a whole wall and guaranteed it will look utterly sh*te.

maybe the paint on the merc is an option? pimp-skin paint effect? :)

saw a M5 other day at the dealers when i was there picking up some bits and that was just has bad... we couldnt believe that such a awesome car was painted soo poor

most new cars are like that. Have a look at the new cars in a VW showroom. Its done on purpose so minor blemishes don't show as much on mass produced cars.

most new cars are like that. Have a look at the new cars in a VW showroom. Its done on purpose so minor blemishes don't show as much on mass produced cars.

is that true?

i have to say i have seen untold up-market mass-produced cars with seriously poor paint finish.

its cheaper to paint then without a flawless finish is what the BMW bodyshop guy said