Sign in to follow this  
selbekk

selbekk's lil' corrado thread

Among the perfect cars of legends like triggermyson, 24v Renshaw, Blue_Joe and A20 LEE, mine must seem a little misplaced. However, I believe everybody should show off what they are proud of (penises excluded).

My car's a 1989 VW Corrado G60, with 143000 miles on it from new. It still has it's original engine, with no rebuild that I know of, but with a new g-lader in 2002 and every accessory pump, control unit and whatever have been changed since 2002 as well (by the last owner). The car was imported from Germany in 2000, and has had quite a few owners since new. It was repainted by the former owner (a vw mechanic) to the original color (quartz metallic), but it was not done very well.

These are the highlights:

- 7.5*17" Dezent rims w/ 215/30/17 tyres

- Koni adjustable dampers w/ Weitec - 60mm springs.

- Strut braces front & rear

- InPro rear lights

- Mono wiper

- All plastic color coded

- chipped, 65mm pulley, twin belts on charger, rs outlet, boost return removed, minor bling items

- defa alarm and after market central locking

- alpine head unit, focal speakers & planet audio amp

I just got the car back from my mechanic, which did a major job with the in-coupe wiring looms. There was a HKS Turbo Timer installed, but since I never saw the need for it, it was taken out and tossed away. He fitted a new fuse box to replace the old one, which had broken its mountings and was in the middle of a melt down. Basically, there was total chaos behind the dash, and he fixed it all for me. How neat. Now my aftermarket ( :( ) electrical windows work, the parking brake light isn't always on, and things just basically make more sense now. This guy also fitted a new clutch and starter motor for me a few weeks ago.

I really love my car, and I hope it won't give me too much trouble in the future. But when it will, I'll ask y'all ;) :cowboy:

Anyways, here are some pics of my newly washed baby!

billinjahg60, pm me your address, and you can have it for free. I hate it :/

g60greeny, from a norwegian company called volksport (http://www.volksport.no). You can have that too, I'm fitting the original air filter box again. PM me for price and all that ;) Fits nicely.

lol cheers dude! i was thinking of that very fine mesh ala' bently in black might look quite nice i dont like that bemper grill they have as standard ive had mine colour coded but still looks mank!

Cool looking car there, liking that color and rims :)

I know some people aren't fans of the DTM styke tailpipes but I like them!

Bally, Lumma. For sale, too :)

16v, thanks! Although they look quite fine, the dtm's make waaay too much noise, and the underside of the car is no esthetic's dream when it comes to the exhaust system (which is a mix'n match of 2" and 2.5" tubes just stuffed into each other). A nice milltek might be the next thing coming this car's way, some time this year.

chrishill, thanks, I think they light things up nicely too!

I went outside yesterday as well, and did quite a few things:

- modded, cleaned, polished and fitted the original air filter box with a new OEM filter in it. Looks really stunning.

- Whipped the seats out for the first time, and gave the entire interior a good clean.

- Found the rad cover under the seat and put it on where it is supposed to be.

- Fitted a new style original 3-slat grille, and found out another reason the last owner should be publically castrated. He had cut three holes in the slam panel, so he could fit the old grille in there. Now that would've been cool, if he had just taken the time to do it nicely. Now there's a bit of rust and sharp edges down there, and I need to fix it. On the positive side, I didn't need to mod the new grille for it to fit nicely.

Pics are coming soon!

the paint looks good in the photos, i like the wheels too. i have the scorpion dtm, it's far too loud, and doesn't look right either. looks like you'r towing eye is removed too. an all round very nice car.

looks like you'r towing eye is removed too. an all round very nice car.

It sure is. I only noticed it when I needed it to tow my car up on a trailer ;) Looks cool though, at least in my opinion.

The paint looks good on the exterior, but inside the doors, sills and boot flap, there is so much over spray and dry spots (looks like lights spots he forgot to remove the tape from while painting) you wouldn't believe it. There are also a few pieces of tape that's stuck to the paint job, after being "painted in there"

hehe, thanks. I only got the small lower part though, not the big top one. I missed out, some fool overbid me :p Thx for the courtesy though, I greatly appreciated it. I'll let you have first dibs on the next one.

I went to change my wheels with my dad today, and we had a little accident while doing so. We live in an apartment complex, and don't got a proper garage jack. I was just fiddling around with the wheels a bit, figuring out which goes where, when my dad started jacking up the car. He didn't jack it up on the correct spot though, but right under the front wing. After jacking for a while, it turned out the jack was too short for my stiff suspension (the rear wheel lifted off the ground while the front one was still on ground level, does all corrados do this?). Suddently, the jack or rather the point it was jacked up on, buckled, and the car fell down, jamming the jack somewhere up in the wheel well. The result was a big "dent" (that is, the lower part of the front wing is flared out), but the rest of the car seemed fine. I'm going to have it inspected sometime soon, to check it out further, but what could be worst case scenario? Could it have damaged the frame in any way? I'll get pictures ASAP

By the way, I think the corrado looks very high compared to what it did before, on its 15s.

today I woke up at 12, was out polishing at 14 and just came home now, at 20.00. I am exhausted, and I have wax in places wax definitely wasn't supposed to be.

I still have the engine bay and interior to do, which is another two days.

The result is better in real life, but here's the digital version of 6 hours of blood, sweat, and meguiars gold class. sorry I didn't get any pics from the front of the car, but that's my camera's fault rather than mine. I DID take them ;) Oh, and I fitted new side indicators today too. Nice change from the "smoked by mud and crap inside the indicator"-look

well, there have been a long time since I've even posted on this forum, let alone on this thread. But there is a time for everything, and this seems to be it.

Well since last time, I've done quite a bit. Today I have, anyways. After giving my car a thorough wash, I polished up my exhaust and engine bay. I fixed a small oil leak (from the breather, it leaked all over the motor compartment, making it a mess), and fitted a new oil hose between the breather and oil catch tank. I FINALLY fitted my audioscape door pods, and was well chuffed with the result. It was quite easy too, though it WAS a two-person job.

Now, since my parents borrowed the car for a quick trip to the cabin, they made their mandatory damage to it. Now my passenger side rear rim is all scraped up and damaged, and there is missing a big piece of paint on the right rear wheel arch as well. Let's hope it won't be very expensive to fix.

Talking about that trip, my dear parents didn't notice the bright red battery light shining at them for 100 miles, and was shocked when the car eventually stopped. Luckily it was a cheap fix, with new brushes, "brush cover" (whatever that is) and some new connectors and cables, it came in at only £38, including labour and being towed to the nearest garage.

So anyways... I'm going to show my car off for the first time at a show on sunday in a week, and I'm looking forward to it a lot :D now I just gotta polish it (again), and clean it like it never has been cleaned :p

selbekk out.

Now, since my parents borrowed the car for a quick trip to the cabin, they made their mandatory damage to it. Now my passenger side rear rim is all scraped up and damaged, and there is missing a big piece of paint on the right rear wheel arch as well. Let's hope it won't be very expensive to fix.

thats grounds for never letting them use the car again!