Sign in to follow this  
CharlieHorse

Why aint my rev counter moving

It used to stick occasionally when it was cold. But now after sitting in the garage for ages it wont move at all.

Is it a case of rag the *^&% out of it in every gear to gently pursuade it to move or is there a better way?

Mine just randomly started working the other day so no idea mate, give it a rag and see what happens!

yeah give it a good hard flick,, mine did this once abt 2 years ago after a good spanking it never done it again

mine went but it turned out to be a faulty schrick controller..........if you have a schrick then get an auto sparky to disconnect the schrick controller........then it should work...............if you don't have a schrick then i'd get him to check the ECU feed to the rev counter,then the rev counter itself.........if it turns out to be a faulty inst PCB then budget on £300-odd +VAT for that alone

mine did this last week,it was working ok but stopped working after i took them out,realised then that nob head here put the wrong needle on,i put the speedo one on the rev counter and rev counter needle on the speedo..the speedo needle is slightly longer and was catching on the plastic dash surround :oops: