Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

Jbob's Corrado - SOLD !!!!

Thought it was about time I posted some pics of my car 8)

Its a 1990 1.8 16v that my g/f friend (Cat) bought me for my Christmas present 2004 8) I use the car everyday to get to work so about 250 miles per week.

Last October Cat asked me what I wanted for Christmas and jokingly I said I wanted my car resprayed. Can you guess what I got :D :D :D It originally went into a bodyshop on the 14th Nov 2005 and it was supposed to only be there for 2 weeks. I finally lost my patience and pulled it 19 weeks later :mad: most of the work was done and Id only paid a £200 deposit so it ended up being quite cheap :lol:

Since taking the car from them ive found a few things wrong like - both doors/rear panel/spoiler and sunroof being a slightly different

shade of black :roll: I managed to find a small newly started bodyshop that have done a fantastic job of sorting all the problems and only charged me £200 if I promise to recommend him if anyone asks :D

I have had some good luck however :lol: I managed to get a minty mint black leather interior which after selling my cloth seats and including travelling to London to pick it up only cost me £190 :shock:

Next I want to start on the engine but im gonna enjoy the car for a bit seeing as its been off the road a lot because of idiot bodyshops.

The list so far -

1990 1.8 16v

Full respray in Mercedes Schwartz Black

17" Compomotive Rl's Polished and painted by Pureklas (Dav)

50mm polished inlet manifold

Various other polished engine bay bits

RPT front engine mount

Golf diesel gearbox/rear engine mounts

Front and Rear Eibach Strut braces

100ish Lower on Konigsport’s

Scorpion Stainless exhaust

Mk4 Golf rear callipers

Goodridge braded lines

Tinted Inpro Angel eyes

In-Pro black rear lights

Seat front splitter

Yamaha Wing mirrors

Colour coded Passat door handles

Rieger grill/spoiler

Removed rear wiper

M3 skirts

Venom Motorsport rear splitter

Relocated No plate replaced with new smooth panel

Full mint black leather interior

Vallelunga steering wheel

Headlining/sunroof panel/etc covered in black Alcantara

Passat "moonroof"

Polished metal dials surrounds + Green dash LEDS

Sony FS-7700 Headunit

Audioscape door pods

Boston Acoustic 6.5” components

2x JBL 122 GTO subs

JBL 600.1 bass amp

JBL 75.4 amp

I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for you in Huddersfield now. Certainly no which is your car, looks great. Worth the wait then?

very nice mate looks like a top paint job too, will be paying your sprayer a visit soon.

Very nice cool looking car you got there mate, like what youve done to it, looks awesome! :)

Front view looks awesome, I bet people move over quick when they see you in their mirrors.

mate well nice what wing mirrors are they? and also what have you done to your front lights they look ace! keep it up!

P.S (how generous is your missus and she lets you spend it on your car) hang on to her matey!

Thanks guys 8) Its been a lot of stress but im getting it to how I want now.

iow_corrado_g60 The mirrors are from a Yamaha bike but TBH im not 100% sure which one. When I got the car it had very similar mirrors on but they were bust so my brother found some replacements.

The headlights are Inpro angel eyes that I completely took apart only 2 days after getting them and painted everything that wasn’t needed to reflect the light. I did take loads of pics as I did them but something happened to my cameras memory :(

andy Funny you should say that because everyone seemed to be getting out of the way last Saturday as I was coming up the M6 8)

including BMW's :wink:

Some new pics from today :D Ive got the rear wheels to fill the arches a bit better now as I wasnt happy

with them before :lol:

jn17_011.jpg

2b76d84b.jpg

jn17_008.jpg

6b535dd8.jpg

Recent ones

me.jpg

DUBPRES2-1.jpg

98.jpg

JBOB1-1.jpg

bf56bafb.jpg

Dirty engine :roll:

jn13_007.jpg

jn13_006.jpg

looks like plenty of hard work has gone into this, an it looks awesome 8) :twisted: 8)

Thanks guys 8) :D I have a very understanding G/F 8)

Some pics from Inters today

jn18_183.jpg

reat.jpg

This pic from 2Damn$ly on E38 8)

The paint job and car looks great mate.

Would you recomend the Bodyshop and where abouts in Huddersfield are they? Could do with a quote.

Cheers

Love that car - I think I'd shit my pants if I saw that in my rear-view mirror! Maybe you should audition it for the next Batman movie! "Holy active spoiler action Batman!" :batman:

Thanks for the cool comments guys 8)

The bodyshop I use has only recently opened and is working off word of mouth....lets just say he’s really busy :lol: :lol: :lol: its so new that the company doesn’t even have a name yet but the details I do have are -

Grove Rd, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD1 6NB

Its run by a cool bloke called Dean and its the very last door on the right on Grove road :wink:

The work he’s done for me is A1 and the price is fantastic. Ive had both doors/back bumper/back panel(s)/filler cap/nearside A pillar resprayed by him because i wasn’t happy with the finish from the orig bodyshop. for all that he only charged me £120 :shock: :shock: 8) 8) 8) Ive still to get the bonnet done and he says if i keep telling people about him then the price will keep coming down :wink:

I find it really funny when people looking in the rear mirror and pull out of the outside lane :lol: even the BMW drivers and IMO most of them are ............... :wink:

I took loads of pics of Corrados at Inters and Im uploading them now so ill start a thread tonight.

Excellent work JBOB, this is probably my favourite C from a looks point of view 8) ... (even with those wing mirrors!)

Excellent work JBOB, this is probably my favourite C from a looks point of view 8) ... (even with those wing mirrors!)

Cheers 8) the mirrors aren’t everyone’s cup of tea and TBH their useless but I like them :lol:

Ive been down to Deans today and got some contact details for anyone thats interested.

Deano's Motors

Unit 5b, Grove Rd

off Leeds Rd

Huddersfield

West Yorkshire HD1 6ND

Tel: 01484 541974

:D

Im getting there with the engine bay now 8)

18 months ago -

de12005.jpg

Today -

jn24_003.jpg

jn24_004.jpg