Sign in to follow this  
robb049

New to Corrados

Hi all,

Im after a corrado, but it has to be a VR6.

Whats the going rate for a corrado vr6 at the minute? My budget will be just over 2k, will this be enough?

Robbo

Welcome to the forum, you've come to the right place!

I take it you've seen the Cars For Sale section. Also worth looking at the Buying Guide so you know what to look out for when vewing.

2k doesn't sound like much for a VR, you'll be looking at a high miler for that money and it may not be in as good condition as some of the nicer examples. If you could afford to spend more it'd be worth it. Or you could consider going for a G60 as they are usually cheaper because of their age... but just as much fun! Or even a 1.8/2.0 16v you could get a lower mile nicer example for 2k than you would a VR...

Good Luck! :)

nope, it has to be a VR mate, ive got my heart set on one. i may be able to stretch to 2.5k but that would be the absolute max.

Are high milers a bad thing, i thought VW's were bomb proof???

cant be any worse than the french cars ive had recently or my rover coupe!!!

-->Robbo

Welcome to the forum...

VR's are cheap at the moment and good examples can be had for aound the 3k mark but I really would have to stress that you keep a grand out of your budget to spend on the car as with any 10-15 year old car things will go wrong and the VR is the most expensive on parts.

Not trying to put you off but people have been known to buy a good car but still had to spend a big amount just sorting out niggles and getting it to handle like it did out the factory...

Would you recommend the golf over the corrado for my budget???

I know that they are less powerful and not as good on the corners, but for 2-2.5k maybe the golf would be better!

Robbo

Welcome to the forum...

VR's are cheap at the moment and good examples can be had for aound the 3k mark but I really would have to stress that you keep a grand out of your budget to spend on the car as with any 10-15 year old car things will go wrong and the VR is the most expensive on parts.

Not trying to put you off but people have been known to buy a good car but still had to spend a big amount just sorting out niggles and getting it to handle like it did out the factory...

Absaloutley spot on an absalout bastad to get t get it handling like it did out the factoryyou should expect to replace just about everything mechanical at some stage :)

Would you recommend the golf over the corrado for my budget???

I know that they are less powerful and not as good on the corners, but for 2-2.5k maybe the golf would be better!

Robbo

I would definately NOT recomend a golf vr6 over a rado vr6 mate.

The golf is like a soggy blanket in comparison.

Don't do it! Save up a bit more and get a C vr6 :)

For a VR you're looking at a bare minimum of £3k and as others have said another £1k to get the suspension, bushes and brakes sorted out.

Handling wise, there's no comparison between a Mk3 Goof and a Corrado - once you've driven a tidy Corrado, there's no going back.

If you really do want to buy a VR Corrado, hold on and save a bit more and get a decent one.

I was the same when i bought my C

Had to be a G60, could of got a cheaper 16v but it wouldnt do, but my budget at the time couldnt quite stretch to buying the car and have enough left over to sort out the bits and bobs.

im not the first to say and wont be the last but, you would be best off holding out for a while and getting some more funds together before taking the plunge.

Running a C can be an expensive hobby but its worth every penny IMHO!

I want a VR, i'd love one, but untill I can afford to run/buy one properly i'll stick to the four cylinder rado's. There's nothing worse than seeing a car go to the dogs because the owner can't afford to upkeep it :(

I know alot of people say that VR6's aren't expensive to run- but that's generaly the ones that have been maintained and are therfore at the top end of the price range. The cheaper ones are ( 9 times out of 10 IMO ) gonna end up costing as much in the long run. A full engine rebuild at Stealth is £3.5k as far as I know. Imagine what you could have done at G-werks for that sorta money on your G60 - I dare say more than a full engine rebuild

Insurance was a big decision swayer for me, so i bought a 1.8 16v, i have probably spent the the cost of a nice vr6 on it in the two years i have had it. i have no regrets though, i will never sell this car. i'm just going to convert it to a 1.8 turbo (modern engine) when i have some spare cash instead. I think you shoud just go for the vr6, whichever one you get it will probably cost the same again in the next two years, if you keep looking at this website!