Sign in to follow this  
.A.N.T.

Tinted headlights

Legal?

Loks nice, but having just uprated the loom and bulbs a little counter productive!

I really like the look of them :)

I have to upgrade the bulbs again (just slapped in some standards for my MOT as one blew the day before).

when I get the new bulbs I may have to invest in some tinting spray ;)

can't see them not being legal, going my the light that the standard looms produces, anything is brighter than that

That's the car greeny has/had in his signature. I can't see them being legal either! :)

i reckon its legal/totally acceptable.

a copper told me that they don't care as long as they're fairly bright at night. my rears were really badly painted black, very dark, and they didn't have a problem with them.

Your car looks mint mate 8) where in Lancs are you?

cheers stan 24v,its nothing special really,not sure people are too into the way it looks...and im really struggling to afford running it just now.cant even afford to sort a puncture i had so it looks sh1te at the mo with the silly 9x14's on the back.

im in burnley :thumbleft:

neil.

i reckon its legal/totally acceptable.

a copper told me that they don't care as long as they're fairly bright at night. my rears were really badly painted black, very dark, and they didn't have a problem with them.

If they're all black then they can fail the MOT due to having no reflectors...

I was once followed by a copper who tailed me for a mile or so, when I pulled up at my g.friends house he put on his blues and got out. Thought I was in the shit, but couldn't think of anything I'd done. turns out he just wanted to look at the car (my old Golf with a rallye front) and he said that with no reflectors on the back, if someone hit me from behined when it was parked the insurance might not pay out cos they could justifiably say they didn't see it... He then let me go, but said a less friendly copper might give me a caution/whatever they do if he say me...

(Didn't put the reflectors back on, jsut swopped over the lights to the originals when MOT time came... :wink: )

well they're not completely black obviously or they wouldn't work!!!

as far as i know the reflecting capacity is just reduced, as is the lighting. maybe i just spoke to an unusally reasonable copper? they are out there aparently :)