DSCF1348.jpg

DSCF1360.jpg

DSCF1361.jpg

DSCF1363.jpg

DSCF1367.jpg

DSCF1362.jpg

DSCF1365.jpg

DSCF1368.jpg

Saw an unreal crash well saw a few. Just in the F3 race a car ploughed into the barrier 6ft in front of me. Had my daughter on my shoulders at the time. Scared her to death. Driver just got out n walked away. Damn good day and the kids loved it. The Corrado crew were great. Loads of shots questions and even messing about with my two kids. Whilst taking the gearbox out. They had the flywheel break away from the crank so they welded it to the crank :lol: Game on..... Car came 3rd int he 1st race.

lol i brought all the road bits from that car!

Well that must have been a lot of F******* bits :lol: There's nowt left inside nor out...

Thats the guy I know who is gonna help me build a gearbox, did their golf run as well?

I posted a few pictures of this car in the workshop a while back, its a beast and they prefer the corrado to their golf. Kevin is a really nice guy too.

He was a great guy. laughed with my kids to. We had a laugh over gearbox stories actually. We both admitted that we have fitted transmissions, rubbed our hands and made a coffee. Sat down and wondered why the release bearing is sat by the toolbox :oops: hehehehe

The transmission in the C is dutch internals its also a dog box ie dog teeth to enable smoother faster shifting. Due to this the C has to carry a 30Kg weight penalty.

As for the Golf ahh well there was a bad start at race 1. A Golf sheared its driveshafts off the grid. The driver had to literally sit there whilst the field split around him. He was just waiting to be hit really. He was! by the Golf then somebody hit the golf so hard from behind they just stoved it in. So it was totalled for the day at least. They have 3 weeks to see what they can do with it... :roll:

yeah it was a load of bits it started life as a vr. the guy that sold me the bits is a mechanioc for the 225bhp caddy diesel that runs in the series and also the bora.

Here are a few more shots of the day. The F3 race was good. The car hit the barrier right in front of us. My daughter was on my shoulders at the time. Really scared her. The car was really moving, got a nudge from behind and bang in the barrier then back out on the trac.

The smashed engine is a Zetec powered MX5. Prob the best thing for a Zetec engine actually :lol:

DSCF1391.jpg

DSCF1390.jpg

DSCF1399.jpg

DSCF1397.jpg

DSCF1396.jpg

Nice looking Corrado - would have loved to see Bruno Senna winning both of the F3 races! Was a huge fan of his uncle!

Oh yeah he just streaked away. prob a good driver but with his name better sponsors more money more testing followed by development. Still damn fast car n driver

definitely but I think come F1 time he'll have a huge cross to bear - will be hard making his own name - he'll forever be in his uncle's shadow!

The smashed engine is a Zetec powered MX5. Prob the best thing for a Zetec engine actually :lol:

it was a zetec powered ginetta actually from the ginetta cup :lol:

i went with some friends of mine, and apart from the weather it was a great day,

a few people got stuck in the mud including a landrover discovery up to its axles :lol:

it was a shame the corrado had to retire from the race as it was holding its own quite well up to that point, saw a couple of rado's parked up and some very tasty cars in the car parks

especially this one

Looks like a good day out to me, F3 race looks cool - wish I was a little more local. :(

As the title sez.... Enjoy.

DSCF1362.jpg

See, this Corrado has a front subframe cross brace. No stupid "suspension hanging off the front of the subframe unsupported" stuff there!

Oh and they appear to have made a right mess of those brakes!! Five holes into four does not go! ;)

it was a zetec powered ginetta actually from the ginetta cup :lol:

i went with some friends of mine, and apart from the weather it was a great day,

a few people got stuck in the mud including a landrover discovery up to its axles :lol:

it was a shame the corrado had to retire from the race as it was holding its own quite well up to that point, saw a couple of rado's parked up and some very tasty cars in the car parks

especially this one

well there ya go. An MX5 was about the closest thing I could link it with :oops:

Yeah it was a great day. Got there early left at about 2. The kids little legs were worn out :lol:

Was there MUD? Yeah the weather was weird. Woke up sunny. 5 miles later at Oulton park it was grey n drizzle. Ya can't win.

Oh you saw the Merc Mc yeak it was holy **** look at that. Had to grab my son as he ran towards it waving his sword just won on hook a duck :D

Dr Mat Yeah there ia alot of drilling on those disk hats !!!! They were a good bunch though.

yeah there was definately mud on the bank next to hill top, you could see the marshy patches easily but that still didnt stop some planks trying to get through it in a ford ka courtesy car, which had its bumber ripped off when it was towed out :lol:

did you see the boot floor in the rado? it looked like it had been straightened a few times, the team who where running it weren't around when i saw it.

that f3 crash was pretty nasty as well, we where all sitting on the bank half way between hill top and knickerbrook, what happened to the mk2 golf that was running?

The F3 crash was literally infront of me. Like Oh sh*****t As I started to step back. You are very close to the trac and it just happened so fast. Next second the car was sliding back across the trac.

The Mk2 Golf they were running was totally stoved in of the start line in race 1. Some Golf sheared its drive shafts so they told me. The field was at full pelt of the line and this golf just stopped. It was hit by the Mk2 and then the Mk2 was totalled from behind by god knows what. It was out for the day and maybe terminal. it was in a mess. All the suspension bent and the rear was next to the drivers seat... They have 3 weeks to see what they can do with it. The C is being a pain at the mo. This was its first podium finish. It was running 2nd but it was passed on the last lap infront of me. It just seemed to slow for a moment then it was all over not enough time to pass again on that lap.

See, this Corrado has a front subframe cross brace. No stupid "suspension hanging off the front of the subframe unsupported" stuff there!

Oh and they appear to have made a right mess of those brakes!! Five holes into four does not go! ;)

yeah and it also had a fully welded in rollcage with struts going through the bulkhead to the turrets, one very stiff corrado.