Sign in to follow this  
PiercedWinky

Piercedwinky's Corrado - tires n wheels on, holes welded

Haven't updated this in a while... Been doin a good bit of work the last few weeks.

dscn0838.jpg

dscn0839.jpg

had to seat them myself since the tire shop was afraid of them :camp:

DSCN0840.jpg

DSCN0843.jpg

DSCN0842.jpg

DSCN0845.jpg

2 done, gonna do the other 2 tomorrow

Alright so before i had tires mounted Bart and I spent the night at the shop workin our asses off

He finished building floor pans from scratch in his datsun and then helped me weld up the bay some more.

No more brake line holes

2009-05-16000313.jpg

Hole in fire wall is gone:

2009-05-16004424.jpg

2009-05-16004717.jpg

2009-05-16013154.jpg

And last few holes on the side

2009-05-16034902.jpg

When i head up to the shop this week to put the wheels on the car I will be making a few of the slugs needed to fill the rest of the holes on the firewall.

Russ came by tonight to help get the other two seated.

Used the "other" method to get them on

2009-05-18221853.jpg

2009-05-18223509.jpg

oh and a solid pic of the stretch

2009-05-16193756.jpg

2009-05-21234409.jpg

2009-05-21225723.jpg

Anyways last night did a bit of work. Only a few more holes left

DSC_0003.jpg

And to shut wells the hell up i pulled the helpers... It is sitting on the bumpstops now.

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

Im off to go pick up a set of VR6 fenders from Bart and then off to the shop to finish welding holes.

got a bit done today. Picked up fenders from Bart's parts car and Russ pulled them.

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

He then proceeded to punch wendy in the box.

DSC_0014.jpg

I then decided VR6's 16v's and 1.8t's are played and the new BART powered motor was way cooler. We just have to hook up the tow straps to him and its good to go.

DSC_0015.jpg

Got the rest of the holes tacked shut got a couple fully welded. Gettin there... I can't wait to have the bay sealed and ready for paint.

DSC_0025.jpg

Now I am just waiting on the new rear beam bushings so I can put the vr6 beam on and pull the rear arches a bit :wave:

still liking the work happening here :clap: pulled arches are tidy, gonna do any thing to the rear fenders?

still liking the work happening here :clap: pulled arches are tidy, gonna do any thing to the rear fenders?

Yup, rears will be pulled too. I am waiting on bushings for the new rear beam I have sitting here.

Vr6 rear beam should push the back out another 1.5 inches. :D Just need to know where I am pulling to.

Also debating drop plates to get lower in the rear with less issues.

worked on the rear slam panel tonight.

Started with a decent sized dent

dscf1543.jpg

Pulled the dent out

DSC_0123.jpg

Then I welded the seams on each side and dressed them with some filler

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

When I go up next week I will be shaving the rear emblem and doing the rest of the body work on that rear panel

looking good bro,how are you going to pull the rear fenders?

Thank you.

Pretty much the same way I did the fronts. Use a hammer and dolly and metal shape them. Im trying to keep from pulling a rediculous amount. Too much pull doesn't look right in my eyes.

Looks superb and always impressive to see folks who can do this stuff themselves in their own garage! Keep the pics coming :)

Looks superb and always impressive to see folks who can do this stuff themselves in their own garage! Keep the pics coming :)

Thanks. I wish I got to work on the car more, but my shop is about an hour away so i only get to work on it about once a week.

This is actually my first time doing body work. But im picking it up pretty fast :tongue:

will you keep the 3rd brake light to make it look euro? I got pulled by the police over here this week for running a us spec licence plate :norty: So I gotta go back to original

will you keep the 3rd brake light to make it look euro? I got pulled by the police over here this week for running a us spec licence plate :norty: So I gotta go back to original

3rd brake light was shaved on my other hatch.

I get pulled over for running a euro plate on my mk1 all the time lol. Ah always want what you cant have.

Fixed my shitty radio reception on the corrado today :)

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Had an interesting idea for heater core lines but I doubt I will stick with it. Probably just yank it out anyways.

DSC_0010.jpg

shaved the tow hook kinda cutout area:

DSC_0117.jpg

BTW its a 93 bumper, gotta pull the clips out of the old bumper (those things are like gold since they are NLA now)

Started on a few dents

DSC_0122.jpg

Was going to swap rear beams thinking the VR6 one is wider but they are not. Glad I measured before I tore it all apart for nothing.

The new beam will be getting these goodies sometime after paint

DSC_0120.jpg

great work :luvlove:

i think its the early valver rear axles that are narrower,mine deffo is ,

Interesting... my car has a build date of 89 and is a g60.

Same width beam as the VR6 beam that is brand new. Also measured a friend's beam on his 93 and it was the same. :cuckoo: