Sign in to follow this  
stingman123

Rattling Passenger window

Hi y'all,

This has started to happen on my C, it also happened on my old 8V Corrado and I just took it to a local garage, it was fine for w few months then started again.

Nothing actually triggers it off, its just a constant rattling, any ideas?

Had the same prob on my c, turned out to be the interior door handle operating rod was rattling against the door

There should be a small piece of foam stuck to the door to stop it touching, i only spoted this by accident one day when i was to lazy to put the door card back and saw it rattling.

Best best use some foam draft excluder under the operating rod - it holds well and doesnt wear down much from the rod rubbing on it.

Could even be the cable rattling around, mine does, just need to tape or clip it back

or it could be the vertical bar that goes down (inside the door) rattling against its runner, thats what mine was, get some nice thick grease and coat the bars up. stopped mine from rattling. will post some pictures up on thursday if you are still stuck as ive still got to do my drivers door.