Sign in to follow this  
veedub

Very very early Rado

Was out on my travels the other day when I spotted a reasonably tidy Tornado Pink Valver for sale on the side of the road. Thought to myself, best have a lookie one night this week, so to cut a long story short, tonight I did!

Had a look around the outside and it didnt look too bad, could do with a bit of TLC :oops: , had a look inside and I was surprised to find wind up windows and a analogue odometer :( ! Anyone ever seen this before on a C?

Anyways the for sale signs had been removed so im gonna pop back later, wack a note on the windscreen and see what the owner is gonna do with it!!

The plate was G423 WDG, will attach some pics when I find my bluetooth dongle :oops:

Soooo tempted!!!

I thought most of the early cars had analogue odometers? Though the keep-fit windows aren't common!

Laura spotted one of the F-plate press cars in Guildford recently, and they're the earliest ones afaik... 16v, care to confirm?

gaz the geezer, Hmmmm!!! Backin the saddle sir? Suits you sir!!

Just think about it, me in the pink one walesy in the yella one, would look like a right pair!! :lol:

i think early ones had elecky window as an option. i think even the sunroof was an option. untill they realised it cost to much not to inc the sunshine

i think early ones had elecky window as an option. i think even the sunroof was an option. untill they realised it cost to much not to inc the sunshine

Could be right coz a mate of mine had an early VR6 Goof with winders!

Just surprises me how a 'flagship' model can have such basic equipment!! :lol:

Yup F reg's were the first, F2** BVV or summet like that... All in tornado red/pink I believe?

G is still very early though, i've never seen a G before....

I own a valver without electric windows as well :-)

Nice to no im not the only one, just going to cause issues in next week or two when i have to swap the door with one with electric windows!!

As my dad says, less there is, less there is to go wrong!! and i dont have to put the keys back in when you forget to wind the windows up before you get out, but still have to with the sunroof!!

Its much more individual than those common electric ones :-p

did the early ones come with manual spoilers as well?

So you have to get out at 45mph and crank it up??? Sorry, iv been drinking!!!! :drinking: :drinking:

No.. the spoiler has been the same throughout the life of the Rado!

my first corrado was on a 'G' plate, that had wind up windows but elec sunroof weird would of preferred it the other way round, VAG colour was one i have never seen again on a rado either in dark metallic green, can't remenber paint code , still have some pics of the ol' girl though!

You know you want too :D

Missing the empty bank account at the end of every month :lol:

Funny you should say that coz since I bought the Lupo iv not been skint!!

Well Iv done the deed and put a note on the screen, lets wait and see!!! :-P

Mines a red G plater....Feb 1990 if I remember rightly, it's been de-pinked though!

Everythings electric on it, but it has the old school odometre!