Sign in to follow this  
veedub

Very very early Rado

my mums old g plater had no sunroof,and electric everything else.

was sold to a chap on here,would have liked it me self really,was a minter 8)

They would look a lot better without the sunroof IMHO. No good for shop window posing in the summer though.

my first corrado was on a 'G' plate, that had wind up windows but elec sunroof weird would of preferred it the other way round, VAG colour was one i have never seen again on a rado either in dark metallic green, can't remenber paint code , still have some pics of the ol' girl though!

Mine's a dark metallic green G plate(May '90) with lecky windows/sunroof and an analogue odemeter thats on 163k 8) . And I love it :lol:

Mine is a H plate 1.8 valver and has no sunroof and no lecky windows.

Mine sounds the same as that one.

keep fit windows and lekky sunroof. And is a nice pink colour. On G plate

all the 16v had mechanical odo's. The lekky one only came in when they did the facelift iirc.

Do you recon that the keep fit windows make the car worth more? they seem to be very very rare.

@ Trig, you miss mine on the RR day - it is a G plate.

@ Jim, spoiler did change Jim, activation speed on the VR's is higher :wink: .

The clocks went to digi ones as of 31.07.90 based on build date, not when the car was registered, this is before the facelift.

Both sunroof and electric windows were optional on the 16v and the G60 lhd that were imported. Central locking was standard on both models however. The cost for a sunroof was a whopping £590.53 inc VAT (although it may have been 15% then) and windows came to £536.96 and metallic or pearl effect paint adds another £249.17 to that bill. A 16v would cost you £16990.68, and a lhd G60 would set you back £19907.17. (Taken from 1990 VW model price list effective September 1989.) If you compare that to a 16v Mk II Golf then you had a sunroof as standard, was quicker and only cost £13443.79; you could fit the electric windows and leather interior for less than the price of a standard 16v C.

As for the colours, many of the early cars again up to 31.07.90, had different colours; some of these seem to be unique to the corrado and are no longer available from VAG as paint touch up kits. The corrado colours were changed after that date and remained the same until cease of production.

That should clear up most of those questions!

Yep, that fits Yandards. Mine was first registered on 01/01/90, it's got an analogue odemeter and keep fit windows - electric sunroof though. At some point in it's life it was converted to run on elec windows - same as Jay Renshaw's paint shop bud who had the nice flip painted 16v last year. (the LPG conversion that got written off :( ) Mine was quartz metallic - LD7U (or LD7Y - it's too early in the day to remember)

gradeAfailure will testify how much of a pain the arse those after market windows were too! :lol:

This one had a sunroof! I believe Stone0311's valver has no sunshine roof

Yeah i avent got 1, seems there is a few of us without >> got the elec windows tho.

Mines heliosblue, aparently only avaliable for 89/90 and word has it hasnt been used again.

Trig, Never seen a G ? U wont have to wait long bud :)

Yandards, ah yes appologies. Of course I remember your car! :)

Stone0311, looking forward to it. :)