Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

Erm, I'm confused

sciroccotune: Don't you find it odd that the Golf R32 is faster around the track even though the Porsche 911 Turbo is more powerful, is 4WD and also handles brilliantly?

Gotta be a mistake? Maybe it was meant to say very wet or something.

No way is a turbo 9 seconds slower than a GT3 rs in comparible conditions. Well maybe it is, but i'd be well surprised.

sciroccotune: Don't you find it odd that the Golf R32 is faster around the track even though the Porsche 911 Turbo is more powerful, is 4WD and also handles brilliantly?

yeah i guess so, i just put it down to power implementation over the rev range and putting the power down. i think im think to hard and it most likely wrong :lo

I seriously don't think that an r32 can put its power down better than a 911 turbo! Nice big fat engine pushing the exteremley wide rear wheels into the tarmac and all.

Probably wrong though :)

Clarkson was probably driving the 911 (he hates them) and the Stig drove the others :-)

The 996 turbo uses an antiquated 4x4 system and was still an understeery car despite that, but the 997 turbo uses an all new 4x4 system and it's supposed to be a KRAAAAAZY machine by all accounts!

Anyway, nope, the R32 is certainly not faster than a 996 Turbo (if that was the model they used) but it is faster than a 911 (70's 930) Turbo though :-)

its only the 993Turbo onwards thats 4WD.........and tbh i couldn't see a 993 TT(twin-turbo) being outrun by a R32(if driven by the same person-obviously at different times) let alone a 996TT(although maybe an old 4WD system there are that many driver aids on them that you'd have to be really really silly to lose one)..........however if it was a 964 or 930 turbo in the wet it would be damn scary