Sign in to follow this  
MK1Campaign

Someones making a killing

Ive seen loads that have come from internet sales sites straight onto his and most the markups have been £2k plus. Theyve all sold pretty quick too. People seem to be willing to pay it for nice examples.

I expect if you went and made an offer, the response would probably be "sorry I'm not making much on this one "

I expect if you went and made an offer, the response would probably be "sorry I'm not making much on this one "

.......... along with such well worn comments as " your taking the food outta my kids mouth " ...... " do you actually mind if i make a living mate ? " and " i already got someone interested at the full asking mate " :lol:

.......... along with such well worn comments as " your taking the food outta my kids mouth " ...... " do you actually mind if i make a living mate ? " and " i already got someone interested at the full asking mate " :lol:

.....and don't forget: "if I take any less I will be making a loss!"

idd, he hasn't made a profit till the cash is in the bank

I could advertise mine for 30k, doesn't mean I have made a 25k profit ;)

.....and don't forget: "if I take any less I will be making a loss!"

.. and that one as well , lol

I could advertise mine for 30k, doesn't mean I have made a 25k profit

true, a bit extreme tho, the thing is, someone will pay what he is asking less a bit of haggling, canny feckers them traders ........ i bet he will make 80% of his expected margin allowing for odds and sods

The thing is that some people will only buy from traders, and are prepared to pay a premium for a three month warranty thay usually covers next to nothing.

The thing is that some people will only buy from traders, and are prepared to pay a premium for a three month warranty thay usually covers next to nothing.

aint that the truth, then there is the `special` repayment schemes they offer !

Volkscars always sell stuff with huge price tags, but people must be stupid enough to pay it cos they keep selling cars...

I think some folk assume the high price is a reflection of the car's condition and quality over cheaper ones, but you can get the same for less if you shop around.....but it's amazing how you convince yourself it's a good buy when you're stood next to a car!

IMO £9,500 is only £6-7k cheaper than a brand new GTI from a car supermarket and I know what I'd rather have :-)

I think some folk assume the high price is a reflection of the car's condition and quality over cheaper ones, but you can get the same for less if you shop around.....but it's amazing how you convince yourself it's a good buy when you're stood next to a car!

IMO £9,500 is only £6-7k cheaper than a brand new GTI from a car supermarket and I know what I'd rather have :-)

The Storm!