Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

Halfords Batteries

My Battery was flat and I had no means of charging it :x :x :x

Took a closer llok at the battery and noticed it was a Halfords one... Said 3 yrs guarantee on the side :idea:

Took it to halfords and played my face saying there batteries were Sh*t...

Although i had no proof of purchase and I hadn't a clue where it initially came from, Low and behold they gave me a Barnd Spanking New one.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try it guys... It worked for me!!! 8)

My Quantum has been in 4 years, but I trickle charge it as car wont start after about two weeks.

Dont always blame the battery for being duff - you can get rid of a perfectly good one (as I probably did) and find there is still not enough charge to start with the new one after a couple of weeks inactivity.

The fault lies with the Corrado's design I would say, after owning a variety of cars for 34 years.

Agreed, these cars don't like being left standing. They pine for the fjords .. or something.

Everyone else I know can go away on hols for three weeks and come back and the car fires up first time. I'm always getting the jump leads out at that point .. (Ironically, usually to jump start the car from the missus' Peugeot, which had also been standing unused for three weeks..)

Sorry to resurrect this one but I bought my Halfords battery last September and it has gone caput. Unfortunately I can't find the receipt and despite the fact that it still looks brand spanking new and has Halfords written down the side, when I took it in today the manager refused even to raise a cedit note let alone provide a refund. Basically says that no receipt - cant help you.

Surely they must have a way of ageing thee batteries (serial numbers?)

Do I need a receipt for faulty goods anyway?

Legal advice mucho appreciated here!!

There's usually a date of manufacture stamped on the battery somewhere, usually burned into the plastic casing. I'd just be inclined to make a fuss. They are very much more keen to help under those circumstances..

But if you want legal advice, ask a lawyer .. ;)

However, hang around for ill-informed conjecture ..

I cried the same trick last week with Halford and some Laqcuer I had bought a few years ago, the nozzle broke so I marched in and demanded a replacement, the girl imformed me that they had redesigned the can 2 years ago, so mine was obviously older, I ended up leaving with my can, and a brand new one I had to buy :'(

STORM 2, I'd be tempted to try another store - the thing is that halfords are a big company and the staff are less likely to care about exchanging something like that than the owner of a small place - i think you were just unlucky...

seems I came a cropper with this particular 'Store Manager' - he did have a bit of a Nazi power complex.

:cry: The ironic thing is my battery isnt even a year old!

Sorry to resurrect this one but I bought my Halfords battery last September and it has gone caput. Unfortunately I can't find the receipt and despite the fact that it still looks brand spanking new and has Halfords written down the side, when I took it in today the manager refused even to raise a cedit note let alone provide a refund. Basically says that no receipt - cant help you.

Surely they must have a way of ageing thee batteries (serial numbers?)

Do I need a receipt for faulty goods anyway?

Legal advice mucho appreciated here!!

Did you pay by credit card if so some places accept that in place of their own receipt as it proves when ,where and how much but won't prove what you bought worth a try

card companies normaly can supply old bills

Rob