Sign in to follow this  
surfer.vr6

Has anyone seen their Corrado on Google Earth?

Just loaded up Google Earth and to my suprise typed in my Mum's postcode in Reading and saw my Vr6 parked on her drive.

I could not believe how close you can zoom in.

My Silver VR is plainly visible at my old house, spotted it ages ago, never thought it would be a thread! :lol:

Chris

...I see dead people.

(see other thread about you)

the only thing tho..............from what i can make out........Google earth for Aberdeen is a pic from easy 5years ago............probably the same for the rest of the UK.....if you want to check....think of a development thats recent in your town/city etc then see if thats been built.......for instance the VW dealership in Aberdeen relocated in 2003.............its just a building site on google earth :wink:

The photgraphy has been taken at various times. The Reading area, for example, was only updated quite recently (a few months ago), but the satellite images were taken a couple of years ago on a spring Sunday morning. The data comes from lots of different fly-bys of the satellites, and I imagine there's a significant amount of work needs to be done to it by Google before they can put it on the maps site, too.. (Like making it properly line up with the roads, for example ..)

I can beat that. This photo has both my old VR6 (M100 VRG) and Paul Downing's old Burgundy 16v in the same car park.

Parked nearby to our workplace in Bournemouth. We reckon the picture was taken sometime around Sept-Nov 2004.

The photgraphy has been taken at various times. The Reading area, for example, was only updated quite recently (a few months ago), but the satellite images were taken a couple of years ago on a spring Sunday morning. The data comes from lots of different fly-bys of the satellites, and I imagine there's a significant amount of work needs to be done to it by Google before they can put it on the maps site, too.. (Like making it properly line up with the roads, for example ..)

yes you are right, mine was parked on my mum's drive last year

Decided to check my house, and found that the pic had been taken again recently :) which means it has both corrados on 1 drive :D

and you thought 2 in a car park was good :lol:

Ibs

I'd always thought of starting this very thread, but the Google Earth pic of my house reveals a dark and sinister skeleton in my automotive cupboard, so I never bothered.Mk3Cavalier

:oops:

even on the link i posted?

for my house that link has the old google earth pic, with my dads red mk2 golf sittin on the drive :)

Ahh the memories - that mustve been about 4 years ago at least

Mine is parked up where I used to work in 2005. I've had a good nose all around our area too, and can work out pretty much exactly what dates the pictures were taken.