Sign in to follow this  
glen

Bad fitting milltek de-cat pipe

just had garage call and the milltek de-cat pipe wont fit without vibrating on the body of the car :(

Has any one else had bad experiance with milltek, or am i just the unlucky one?

would a supersprint one in the group buy fit between my milltec system and down pipe?

yeah i had one...it was rubbish , so badly made it wouldnt bolt up without hitting stuff

deffo go with supersprint...theyre top quality

You have to slacken off the whole system and re-align it,. They don't just slot in as the pipe diameters are different. It's an easy mistake as I also did it.

i've heard several peeps on here complain about the fit on Milteks, thats why I was only going to go for a Supersprint or a Magnex, the Magnex I bought last week fits perfectly, I even have a section left over :D

Yes I've seen the Milltek decat pipe for a VR6 first hand and it's useless. They have welded the lambda socket in the wrong place, meaning the probe permanently digs into the floor. One member had to have his extensively modified in order to fit. Something end users should NOT have to do when paying good money for a 'quality' part.

What is curious is the Milltek 100 cell sport cat I have on my VR, is absolutely perfect!! I'm very pleased with that. God knows why they can't get the systems right.

The Supersprint bypass is perfect. It's not pretty but it does what it says on the tin and fits perfectly, giving good midrange gains too.

having had my miltek on my car for a year now, i am certainly not happy with the fit! its crap, its never perfect and vibrates againt the chassis, i found it almost impossible to get the system to fit properly.

I think iam going to save up for a different system, maybe a g-werks system?... after i have my stainless manifold fitted :)

Does anyone know where you can buy a Supersprint decat pipe for a VR6 - I've cancelled my order for a Millitek one after reading the above!!

Cheers!!

emissions are not a prob for me as have LPG kit so Kat not needed :)

Great so it cost me £100 bill to find out its shite! :mad:

mine was rubbish fit, nowhere near right on the lambda. Vince had to move the lambda by about 3 inches to get it right, i just have no idea how they can get them that wrong!

However, i didnt go back to the seller which i should have and im sure in my experience he would have been cool.

Also, as you can see in this thread already, they fit bang on on g60s and valvers from people ive spoken to, they just cant get the vr right.