CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Well, was starting to lose the love. First I dinged the bonnet, then the other day someone whacked my o/s rear arch, and I can't find the culprit :( Then, fitted my black doorcards yesterday, and I broke 3 bits of trim. All small, cheap pieces, but FFS, give me a break! Then, washed it today and caught the towel on the corner of my rear 16v badge... crack! :( It was brand new... :bad-words:

Anyway, finished :bad-words: drying it, stood back... and... what a lovely car! It's really peed me off lately, but it's gorgeous :luvlove:

Here's a couple of pics of the new battery cover and the MK2 scuttle cover that a few people wanted pics of :)

Well at least thats 3 things gone wrong, if you have any more then your really unlucky

I think I've had my three now as well

Oh and I think I've found whats makeing my brakes hot and like you said could be the handbrake not disconecting propperly, will have to remember not to use the handbrake for the week.

Well, was starting to lose the love.

If owning one of THE cleanest, straightest, best 1.8 16v's in the country isn't enough to help you keep the love, then I just don't know what is mate! These little niggles are sent to test us... but you'll get them sorted!

Looks superb in the pics :)

Thanks for the car compliments, Jim :) I still love it, just seemed like a stupid amount of annoying niggles going wrong. Worst thing is I don't have the dosh to get the wing fixed- was quoted £287 yesterday :( I'll get there in the end...

Looks great. Where did you get the battery cover from? (sorry if you have already said, just had a look through this thread and could'nt see it).

TIA Rich

Very tidy mate 8)

Gonna have to get a battery cover I reckon - I know you said it was VW but is there just one size fits all?

That a new expansion tank too?

And the plastic suspension strut caps too, Might have to start a wanted thread soon :wink:

Where did you get the bodywork quote from - Colortech?

And the plastic suspension strut caps too, Might have to start a wanted thread soon :wink:

I picked some up from VW as soon as I bought my Corrado, as to the best of my knowledge they were never fitted to the later cars - Priced less than £1.00 each from memory.

Ian.

I picked some up from VW as soon as I bought my Corrado, as to the best of my knowledge they were never fitted to the later cars - Priced less than £1.00 each from memory.

Ian.

Ah thanks Ian, so I'd be non standard then :wink: I think I'll get some anyway as the neaten things up a lot. Wonder why they dropped em?

Very tidy mate 8)

Gonna have to get a battery cover I reckon - I know you said it was VW but is there just one size fits all?

That a new expansion tank too?

Where did you get the bodywork quote from - Colortech?

Thanks, matey.

VW do 2 battery covers for the Rado. I went for the larger one just in case. There's a bit of room in there, but you can't tell once it's closed ;)

Part no: 915 411B £19.94 (inc VAT + 15% discount ;) )

Got the quote from Multi-Tech in Gloucester, and that included fixing the bonnet ding. Didn't want to go to ColourTech- they'd do a fantastic job, but they would be very expensive- they quoted £395 just for the bonnet ding! :shock:

Changed the expansion tank a few months ago- makes a huge difference to the engine bay. Think the sensor is knackered already though, unless it's the plug :(

Did you find you had to do much modding to the scuttle cover? I was messing with one of the flimsy full lenght mk2 ones the other week, had to cut all the area above the wiper mech, an the rest didn't seem to fit too well

Did you find you had to do much modding to the scuttle cover? I was messing with one of the flimsy full lenght mk2 ones the other week, had to cut all the area above the wiper mech, an the rest didn't seem to fit too well

Hi mate, it was fitted by the previous owner, but doesn't look like much has been done to it at all to get it to fit 8)

Been a while since I did any sort of update.

Haven't done a great deal to the car this winter, apart from start the grey to black interior conversion. So far, I've changed the grey early seats for early black ones in very good nick (thanks _Andy_). I also changed the boot carpets, plastics and parcel shelf + centre tunnel & gear surround. Got main carpet, pillar trims and dash to go in. Will change the heater matrix at the same time- will give this a go in the next few days- not looking forward to it at all!

Also fitted a power rohr. 99p Ebay bargain (the guy had advertised it as a 'take-off pipe', hence the bargain ;) ). Only bought it because my plastic pipe had been over-tightened and is a bit deformed.

Made a heatshield for the 4-branch out of an exhaust heatshield- a little bit of a pikey mod, but does the job.

Here are a couple of nice pics from Coleford yesterday, courtesey of GlosterOx Swompy, Vornwend, CrazyDave & Chris001 :)

Been a while since I did any sort of update.

Here are a couple of nice pics from Coleford yesterday, courtesey of Swompy, Vornwend, CrazyDave & Chris001 :)

Bottom pic looks like the one I took :nono: - Don't I get credit for it?

Ian.

Spent yesterday removing the dash etc. Gonna replace the matrix while I'm at it. The most frustrating part was one of the matrix hose clamps :bad-words:

Took the carpet out too. The car has always had a slight musty smell, and to my horror, there was water in both footwells under the bottom layer of underlay. The underlay was disintegrating and smelt terrible :gag: . When changing the cards a while back, I noticed that they had new door membranes. Guessing that these were leaking, but the carpets weren't taken up and dried out. The carpets have always been dry, but the rubber layer in the underlay, would stop it drying out totally underneath.

Cleaned up the mess and waxoyled. Gonna put the new black carpet with good underlay in this afternoon 8)

Did a few cleaning jobs while everything was out. Cleaned up the wiper mech and resprayed it black- looks so much better now. Also bought the Passat wiper motor cover, which smartens things up a lot + stops water getting at the motor.

So, gotta get it all back together by Monday :lol: Hope I remember where everything goes!

Good work Andy. Nothing like having to use the car as a daily to focus the mind on putting it all back together on time :wink: When you have bits left over is when you start worrying :lol:

How perfect do you think the door membrane seal needs to be? Only ask cos when I took my door card off this week to change the glass I noticed it was a looking a bit tatty. Duck taped the rips as best I could and took my time to try and seal the edges with the sticky black goo that was there but doubt whether its a perfect seal.

Will be interested to see the Passat cover - how much did it set you back?

Vaughan- they need to be good as the water will find any route it can.

Jake, will get pics up in the next couple of days. Carpets now in- really like the black 8)

nice work mate ,when i took my interior out the soundproofin stuff was soaked aswell ,the matrix has been done so not that must have been rotten pillas or somthin lettin water in. the thing that got me was there was no smell atall, untill you take out the carpet ! took forever to dry out n jesus did it humm it was rank!.

Yeh, it's funny how the top layer of dry carpet stops the smell so well. Mine was just a bit musty sometimes, but like yours, when I pulled them up it was disgusting! :lol:

It's up and running again :clap:

Main prob I've got is the early centre console sticks out at the bottom. Need to find a way of securing it via the screw holes in the cubby hole, although these don't line up with the bracket behind :( Nothing's ever simple! I used the later, shorter bracket. May have to adapt either one of the brackets.

So, all that's left to do is:

Fit black A & C pillar plastics + rear joining piece. Fit undertrays and fuse box cover. Then it's done and will just need a damn good clean for Stanford.

Loving the black interior- grey's fine when new or in mint condition, but mine had aged a bit and the black looks so much better now 8)