CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

oh sweet lord. Who talked him into this!

I'm pretty sure you are a glutton for punishment or are aiming for a World Record here, Andy!

Ok hands up. It was me. It is being collected tomorrow evening and I'm GUTTED it's going but needs must!

Just glad that it is off to a good home and I know it will be very well looked after.

Edited by DaveStorm

Well the Corrado has gone, driven into the sunset by one very happy new owner.

Be good to see how it progresses under Andy's ownership, i think it can certainly be taken on a stage or two in the body department, then I reckon he will have a real minter.

Really, really chuffed! As Dave says, a little paint and this will be perfect- she's wanted for nothing under Dave's ownership. Loved the drive home- some good roads down through Monmouthshire ;) Dave, make sure you check this thread to see how she's doing :)

OK so you've got the car, now fill in the gaps. Once it became apparent which car you were getting a search of the relevant posts turned up very little, so please tell us more about it!

Mystic Blue Storm, 2 previous keepers, 124K on the clock, gauge pack, Koni TAs + H&R springs, Magnex, BMC, 263s, 288s, MKIV rears. Think that's about it! Drives very, very well. Ideally needs a front end respray (although it's not that bad at all). Needs a good machine polish.

Sounds like a very well sorted car, so time for a few pictures perhaps? Will you be at BVF this weekend?

Sounds good Andy. Looking forward to the pics. This makes your article in the recent mag out of date- it was a good read though!

have fun- Darren

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

GF saw your new car on Friday and said it looked luurvly. Was gone by the time I came to pick her up though, so couldnt admire :(

Well the Corrado has gone, driven into the sunset by one very happy new owner.

Be good to see how it progresses under Andy's ownership, i think it can certainly be taken on a stage or two in the body department, then I reckon he will have a real minter.

So sad to hear that you're leaving the club Dave but I suppose that the time comes for us all. I'm glad that Andy's taken on your lovely Storm but I shall miss running into you at meets.

Ed.

Little update:

Drop links snapped, so replaced them both. Ended up sawing the n/s one off :roll: Reckon it needs new tie rod ends as they look a bit past it! There is also a little 'ping/click' coming from under the middle sometimes- reckon the n/s inner cv may be on it's way out. Hopefully it's all OK enough to pass the MOT next week.

Have talked to CrazyDave about changing the Stealth map as it lacks low/midrange grunt, although this may now have to wait a while due to the paint...

Well after going to National Day on Sunday, the need for a front end respray is even more evident. The chips are terrible + there are quite a few car park dings around the car that need sorting.

Got two quotes yesterday: bonnet, front wings, bumper, slam panel lip, grille, dings removed from entire car + whole car machine polish.

First quote: £500 cash

Second quote: £972 + VAT! Yikes!

Will be going with the first one- they have a very good rep, and looking around the premises at the other cars they've been working, I was mightily impressed. The quality looks excellent. The other place also has a good rep, but the extra expense seemed more than a little over the top- almost twice the price!

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Think I may also lose the eyebrow...

So, things to do:

MOT!

Front end paint/dings/machine polish

Tie rod ends

Possibly inner CV

Seats out for a clean

Carpets out for a clean

Check/patch up underseal

Sounds like a good plan of attack, not seen pics but the ditch the eyebrow plan sounds a winner!

Be interested to see how well they do yours Andy for that price.. might be worth me taking my VR down to them for some paint!