CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Thanks ladies :)

Rams, no snow lance, but I may well get one soon...

Jon, I believe it's your turn to come here ;) Still got your clocks and rad!

looks lovely mate! new paint feels soo good doesn't it :)

only problem is now you will turn even more OCD and clean the car 10 times a week lol

Looks great, can't wait to get mine back. Saw it Friday when it was being wet flattened but forgot my camera phone. Hoping to have it back tomorrow or day after...

Thanks guys! Yeh, I've had to use it a few times this week, and hated every minute of it, especially in the horrible weather. It's got not wax or anything to protect it, so I'm a little paranoid!

Pete, almost there buddy! Make sure you post some pics up asap!

Spent a couple of hours on it this weekend.

Trying to sort out a couple of electrical gremlins: driver's heated seat doesn't work. Checked the relays and they're fine. Switch seems fine. Guess it's the element in the seat... grrrrrrrr!

The rear screen element isn't working either. Switch lights up and seems fine. The element was broken in a few places, so I filled the gaps with electrical paint. Still no current draw on the volt gauge though, so still not working.

Fitted a brand new speedo bezel to replace the cracked item on the car. Looks much better- nice to know that some parts are still available and not stupidly overpriced. It was around £22 after discount.

Was finally able to clean it today. Ordered a couple of new drying towels from cleanyourcar.

Gave it a wash, then Super Resin Polish on the front end, followed by Jetseal 109 on the whole car. Then some Dodo Juice Blue Velvet, and finally some Megs Tech Wax. Love the Tech Wax- so easy to work with!

Looks nice. Think I'm most pleased with the ding removal. The paint job isn't 100% perfect- there are a couple of TINY imperfections which I've noticed on very close scrutiny. Overall though, I'm very very happy- the car looks soooo much better now 8)

Gonna hoover the interior and clean the leather now. The engine bay can wait until I've got more time- there's a fair bit of dust in there from when the paint was done.

The pics aren't great- I can never seem to get a good shot- maybe I need some photography lessons!

Edited by CazzaVR

BBS VZ 16 X 7.5J

Refurbed by City Powdercoaters in Birmingham. They've done a very good job- one of the wheels had a big nick in the rim and was badly kerbed. No trace at all! There are a coulple of very tiny imperfections, but I'm very happy overall, and would recommend them. You need the patience of a saint when phoning them though! :lol: Huge thanks to ProdigalSon, KADVR6 and Jim for very kindly helping with the transport of the wheels! Top guys 8)

Need pics of the car with them on mate.. I was really unsure when I picked them up off you but have to say on that picture alone I've warmed to them considerably.

And have to say I can vouch for the fact they looked pretty beaten up when I dropped them off.. if they all look as good, then colour me impressed. Might have to get my VR's Solitudes over there for a going over at that price! Only problem is no spare wheels to sit the car on in the mean time!! :(

Oh my god, I need to read more threads. Blimey a lot has changed since we last saw each other, the storm looks lovely. Will be good to catch up at Berkeley Castle, who knows I might be in my 3rd...................................??????????

Thanks Oz. Looking forward to seeing your new blackberry 8) Berkeley is reallly shaping up- really looking forward to it!

A lil update! Have bought a gearbox that was removed from a Vento VR6. Gonna get it rebuilt with a 3.68 final drive in August. It's filthy, but have given it a blast with the pressure washer this morning, so it's looking a bit more presentable!

Have decided not to go for a lightened flywheel or TDi 5th gear. Gonna keep it simple as it's a daily. Reckon the lightened fly might get a little tiresome in traffic on a daily basis!

The car is filthy at the mo- needs a good clean so I can get some decent pics with the new wheels. Still getting a click from the front end - will hopefully find what it is when it gets MOTd next week.

FWIW mate - I had an intermittent clicking on the front end of my old 16v when some pattern part wheebearings had been fitted. It went away when new VAG ones were fitted.

Thanks mate. Always happens when I reverse out of the garage in the morning and then turn. Also happens when I reverse out at work at the end of the day. Very occasionally happens when driving. My local garage thought it may be the bearings. I'm gonna check all the bolts around/on the steering/knuckle when it's in for the MOT.

Be interesting to see how you get on with the 3.68. Might help you keep up with me :shades:

Andy, could you let me know how much this will cost you in the end? I've got a gearbox in my breaker I might keep hold of for this very reason.

MOT time tomorrow morning- yikes! Only advisory last year was rear wishbone bushes and I had those done a few months ago with R32 bushes, so I'm hoping it will go through OK!

Andy - would you mind sending me some info about how much the 3.68 mod and rebuild, etc are setting you back? :)

And good luck for your MOT!