Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

What paint is this?

Does anyone know what kind of paint this is - I can imagine it has various uses for critical bolts but just wanted to confirm what it's called and where you get it??

The Leningrad Cowboy, yeah - I just wondered if it was a special sort of paint...

VW use it in white on bolts and red on plastics - It's kind of waxy...

There was black paint type stuff on the new bolts on my charger when I got it back from Darren, the same stuff maybe?

its used for various reasons , mostly as a marker when a car has been in a decent shop and had major work the tec will mark up the component bolts when there tourqed up correctly so they know the bolts are tight , its also used to mark bolts to check if the works been done correctly ( if the paint is broken you know the parts have been apart ) some companys use it also as a tamper proof deterant so you can see if some ones been playing around , ive even seen the ministry of transport and trading standards use this stuff to check out garages to make sure works done correctly on car , but yours looks like some ones simply marked up the parts they have replaced , you can get it at some trade outlets or mostly people will use normal car paint , hope this answers your query :)

its used for various reasons , mostly as a marker when a car has been in a decent shop and had major work the tec will mark up the component bolts when there tourqed up correctly so they know the bolts are tight , its also used to mark bolts to check if the works been done correctly ( if the paint is broken you know the parts have been apart ) some companys use it also as a tamper proof deterant so you can see if some ones been playing around , ive even seen the ministry of transport and trading standards use this stuff to check out garages to make sure works done correctly on car , but yours looks like some ones simply marked up the parts they have replaced , you can get it at some trade outlets or mostly people will use normal car paint , hope this answers your query :)

damn i was halfway thru typing something along those lines...

it's like that stuff in pens they use at the scrap yard to mark parts so you can't swap them for your old ones. usually after you've just spent an hour looking for the cleanest part out of all the ones available....take it to the counter, wahp, big yellow scrawl all over it, cheers mate.

and the spainish use it in colour greeeen :D

i once had a women that had these pen marks on her backside :roll:

:rofl: :lol:

So......how come I had it on the bolts holding my charger together then ? Surly Darren isn't paranoid that i'm gonna open the charger up :? :-P