Sign in to follow this  
MNuTz

its a shame....

Lo all,

Firstly, here is the only good pic ive got of my car. It the white Corrado parked next to my red G60.

MNuTz1-corrado1.jpg

I left work a 6am sat morning, the weather was drizzly and the roads wet. The route home is horrible, twisty tight bends and my oil in the engine was still cold so i was only doing about 50 mph. I went down a hill that sweeps to the left at the bottom and then as it goes up it twists to the right. Half way up a dog came out of nowhere so i swerved right lost the back end to the right, so i turned into the slide which over-corrected and the back shot to the right. The car has been a bit twitchy since i had it and was the first thing i wanted to sort. I mounted the curb going sideways, drivers side first. Slid across the grass and smashed into 2 sign posts. Took them both out, and finally stopped in the junction. Turned engine off, restarted and drove onto the waste land next to the signs. No one else was involved.

One bloke stopped and asked if i was alright, i asked of he had a phone, he said no and got into his van and drove off. He was a contractor with his mobile number on the side Walked 1.5 miles to find a pay phone and got the g/f to come out. Phone the police and the AA, gave police my info so i can pay for the signs and the AA bought me home. Road sweeper came out, swept up the mess that i hadnt managed to clean up and then asked if it could be repaired. I dont think so....

Im ok, small bruise on my leg and a bit stiff but other than that, fine. People complain VWs are heavy, but i think that if id been in any other type of car it would of been more serious.

MNuTz1-corrado2.jpg

MNuTz1-corrado3.jpg

MNuTz1-corrado4.jpg

MNuTz1-corrado5.jpg

MNuTz1-Corrado6.jpg

i guess im right when i say there is not chance of repair here with the sill banged that far in?? I dont think so but the bloke down the road reckons he had a BMW like it that was repaired!

Ouch :(

Glad you're ok! Another knock that proves that the Corrado is a damn sturdy car!

if someone had given me the option of 2 broken legs or to have the accident, id of gone for the broken legs, they heal!

She was going to be my run around while i got the G60 stripped, was going to charge the 1.8 16v and get a 1.8t fitted to the G60 shell as i think the G60 engines in a bad way.

Ive only had it 3-4 weeks aswell!

someone on the other forum i visit has noticed something lucky attached to my alloy on the alloy close up picture....a 4 leaf clover!!

Gutted mate, least u have your health tho!!!

So is this going to be broken now its a write off . . .!?! :-)

speaking to a mate tomoz at the local repair centre, he put a CRX back on the road after it was written off when it was rolled. At the best, transfer the engine (advice needed in the engines section :) ) to the g60 and the use the charger on it.

Strip it right down and see if its repairable by totally cutting away and replacing the sill and panels then use it as a project car.

However, depending on price and whether its possible it will be more likely that it will be stripped. Important bits need for the G60 will be transferred, some things will be kept for when they go on the G60 and the rest will be offered up here before they go on ebay.

feckinell :( sorry to see that m8.

glad you are ok though! all the best with it.

neil.

Gutted man, I know how you feel, but walking away IS the important thing.

I know all too well how this feels, just getting mine back after crashing it 5 1/2 months ago. Glad you're OK.