Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

Maltese crosses, whats the VW connection?

Hmm, wonder if Germans dislike seeing people wearing Lambretta clothes (raf roundel is the logo), or seeing minis with the raf logo on them? After all the RAF did a lot of damage in WW2, especially to Dresden.

"they started it, they invaded Poland!!" ;) (j/k)

The Iron Cross wasn't just WW1, it was awarded in WW2 too

Well if your car sports it, you are either ignorant or racist.

..........or maltese :wink: :lol:

how can you possibly say that? if you think that then the nazis have succeeded in turning something that was once a religious symbol into one of hate.

i say reclaim the cross and make it good again!

vr6storm wrote

i never said we should have a guilt complex about defeating nazism.

Did I say, you did?

no you never,however you were the one who went on about guilt complexes after the thread comments about the allied bombing of german cities,it gave the impression that you perhaps thought I was saying we were wrong to do so :wink: as i said above i was just stating facts :p :D

Always misread RAF as "Rote Armee Fraktion" :lol:, having lived in Germany, when this terrorist group blew up quite a few things in Germany (prisons included) back in the 70s and early 80s.

Tempest

how can you possibly say that? if you think that then the nazis have succeeded in turning something that was once a religious symbol into one of hate.

i say reclaim the cross and make it good again!

bit ironic really too..........a veedubber slating ppl for being ignorant/racist for using the "Iron Cross"...........yet if Hitler hadn't given Porsche the brief to designing the "peoples car" there wouldn't have been the beetle for Maj Ivan Hurst to salvage after the war into the company we know and love :wink:

vr6storm wrote

the company we know and love

??? "Steady on." as Churchill said.

Love 'em? I'm going off them after ten of their cars in our family.

They are ranked 20th in latest "Auto Express" dealer poll (and that is up 5 places from last time.)

My local VW dealer has switched to Honda (ranked 3rd) - think I might do the same for next car.

Then we can all argue about whether the Rising Sun is a distasteful emblem or not. :wink: :D

PS - Love the Corrado, but today's VW ain't interested in it or, say, the Mk 2 Golf GTi. They only want folks to come in, put £20k down on a new car, and keep bringimng it into them for servicing, filling the washer bottle, etc until they need a new one.

Or am I being cynical?

vr6storm wrote

« craigowl » wrote:

Or am I being cynical?

.............comes with old age doesn't it??

Dr Mat isn't old is he? :D

salvage after the war into the company we know and love

Nope, not me, my only love goes to Karmann, not VW ;-) It was Karmann after all who gave us the gorgeous Ghia. It was also Karmann who gave us the even more gorgeous Mk1 Rocco :-) Shame they didn't have their own dealer network, that's why they needed VW, to sell their cars :roll:

Tempest

I'm going to put some swastika's on my corrado.

and become one of those National Front sheep then??? :wink: